Wonder if this will make the DOT happy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just leave ur sled runnin and put on a strobe light at the back........... mabe dot would like that??????????

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHHHHHHHH great....now every DOT and RC who see's your set up is going to wonder why the rest of us don't have such a whizzy light system! :d

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Were are you guys riding in BC thats giveing you guys such a hard time?

No kidding!! I thought I was going out on a limb putting a reflector on my sled deck. Save your money from the fancy light barr and just hang a red "thong" on a track lug, from your "opposite sex partner" you know what i mean.. and you will never get hassled. And if you leave it on while riding it's good for traction.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were are you guys riding in BC thats giveing you guys such a hard time?

nowhere special and never had a problem, but everyone else is saying there's an issue so I'm just covering the bases. I cant stand giving this god damn government any more money than i have to in the form of tickets so just covering the bases.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I do for lights. They are reflective, with side markers. They also have the turn signal and brake lights. The left one has a pig tail wired into it so you can run it by itself for one sled, or hook the right one into it for 2 sleds. I just use a small chain and bungee to hold it on the sled or bobtail of the deck.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 169

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nowhere special and never had a problem, but everyone else is saying there's an issue so I'm just covering the bases. I cant stand giving this god damn government any more money than i have to in the form of tickets so just covering the bases.

Looks great. Its alot easier to rig it up now than on the side of the Hwy. I put my light in the same place, (bungy around track) I've never had a problem.

motomike450r

Reaction score
Not trying to be an azzhat here but... I keep seeing pictures of short box trucks with decks and sleds hanging 4 feet off the back. And alot of commentary about how to meet DOT requirements.
a. Why not a long bed?
b. Someone should come up with a light kit to plug directly to the existing wire outlet like some I have seen on here (for inexpensive retail).

Honestly just curious since I am still a little new.
ps. I bought a long bed specifically to haul dirt bikes and sleds.

kchop

Reaction score
What is th DOT spec for overhang? At what overhang do you require lights?

McCAT

Reaction score
Marathon does make an extension that flips over onto the deck when not in use. Just sayin.

Top Bottom