winter workboots oilfield

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Marks you went to must've been out. I saw them there yesterday in Strathmore. Try phoning a Marks and get them to check their computer. they will find them for ya.

Reaction score
I sell winter boots CSA approved ,,,so feel free to go to CA Alliance Home page check out there boots and some are good to 70 below and are light as leather boots in an extruded model just like at Marks workwear world.Call me at 250566 4354 ...I am in Valemount and ship them direct to you.I am the approved agent for them here in Valemount to anywhere from 100 miles from here .

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear summer Muck Boots sledding, feet warmer than any snowmobile boot ever bought to date.but they dont have safety toes for work.going to find some for that.meanwhile wear some free 100 below safety toe sorels , way to hot for most days and terrible for walking.Probably why they were at the dump.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your input but I have already decided on the Dunlops, as they are for work and not for riding. Now the million dollar question was where to get them?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Kijiji. There is usually some on there. Could try that out lots of stores use the free marketing.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your input but I have already decided on the Dunlops, as they are for work and not for riding. Now the million dollar question was where to get them?

The Marks in Olds had a wall full when I was in there a couple days ago. Not sure if you live north of town or not.
Didn't care for the Dunlops, too tight around calf, couldn't fit pants and my leg down the tube.

unimog

Reaction score
Dunlops in winter and had faux sheepskin liners that I bought from northern safety in nisku that helped not get frost inside (That was a few years back don't know if they still have them).

Buddy of mine who is a heavy duty mech sipes his with razor blade for extra traction

Then a pair of pecos redwings for the summer.

Since I am in tropics I now just wear redwings.

Last edited:

Vets07

Reaction score
I also use the dunlops with bama booties they are really nice if you in and out of a truck or building cause your feet never get wet. I always have two pairs of bamas and change at lunch most days. I find that once the dunlops get stiff last pair lasted 3 years they lose alot of the insulating factor and need to be replaced. On the really cold days if im outside lots i do bust out the -100 dakota's maybe 2 weeks out of the year.

Sparky67

Reaction score
I wear summer Muck Boots sledding, feet warmer than any snowmobile boot ever bought to date.but they dont have safety toes for work.going to find some for that.meanwhile wear some free 100 below safety toe sorels , way to hot for most days and terrible for walking.Probably why they were at the dump.
FYI Muck boots started making CSA Approved Boots

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's a done deal guys. Thanks for your input. Got some Dunlops today.

Good luck to you even with Bama booties, my feet froze in anything colder than -15*C wearing Dunlops. 5 years in the patch and it's felt paks all the way for me. You'll quickly find what works best for you.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to buy the JB Goodhue 'Armour' boots and bought some rubbers to go over the bottom half of the boots because I was in and out of the truck all day, feet stayed warm and dry, but like was mentioned above, if I was going to be on site and standing outside working for a while I had my big Baffin's.

Top Bottom