Winter camping

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering do you guy's use your toy hauler year round? That me In the chair,my wife my buddy and my Dog Lol he goes every where with me.

Attachments

• shawns pics 322 (640x480).jpg
    shawns pics 322 (640x480).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My original "big plan" was to get a fifth wheel toy hauler but by the time I found a floor plan with a 12 foot garage, I would need to get a bigger truck. Other considerations were dealing with water and sewer and washing the road salt off after the trip. Not that these issues can't be dealt with but they certainly add an extra layer of challenge that for me was just too expensive to deal with given my wife is not a sledder. Decided that financially it made more sense to hotel it in the winter and bought a Denali 280LBS 5th wheel for the other 3 seasons.

Your rig look perfect for year round use though. What model is it and how do you deal with the water/sewer/road salt issues?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My original "big plan" was to get a fifth wheel toy hauler but by the time I found a floor plan with a 12 foot garage, I would need to get a bigger truck. Other considerations were dealing with water and sewer and washing the road salt off after the trip. Not that these issues can't be dealt with but they certainly add an extra layer of challenge that for me was just too expensive to deal with given my wife is not a sledder. Decided that financially it made more sense to hotel it in the winter and bought a Denali 280LBS 5th wheel for the other 3 seasons.

Your rig look perfect for year round use though. What model is it and how do you deal with the water/sewer/road salt issues?
Its a Fun Finder xtra By Cruiser RV It was huge piece of @#$% lots of wiring issues .We just wash when trips over an leave in heated shop We pack water and use a porta potty (WIFE)
It's only 24 feet Trailer and I tow it with 1/2 ton van.My next one will be a desert fox with artic package.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must be fun trying to access camp sites, unless your using staging area's. never have camped out in the winter, know a couple guys that do. just to cold for me. have fun.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have a seasonal lot out west that I leave my trailer at all year round. The snows not usually plowed in to it so we hike in a few times a winter and stay the weekend. Big fires and lots of whiskey fun fun. Also winter camp a little more hardcore than an RV. We go out with just a large backpack of gear and a heavy -40c sleeping bag. Sometimes dig our own shelters or use a 4 season fly tent. My son and I have an arsenal of all kinds of goodies we like to camp with. Jetboil stoves and freeze dried food make up our diet. Usually just overnighters. Fun survival stuff.

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
YUP... Bin Winter Camping for a lot of years... My wife and I doo the Arctic Fox Camper and Truck setup... Running the water system is not a problem... Pick and choose the areas ya like to ride...

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YUP... Bin Winter Camping for a lot of years... My wife and I doo the Arctic Fox Camper and Truck setup... Running the water system is not a problem... Pick and choose the areas ya like to ride...
Yep My buddy has a Artic Fox to and he has zero issues too that's why were looking for a Desert Fox Probably next year.They seem to be built very well.

wildf

Reaction score
We have a seasonal lot at lake and use it year round , and owner keeps the snow plowed for the most part , just have to shovel out trailer area .

• :)

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is 12km up the trail from where we set up camp.

Attachments

• 2010-2011 pics 073 (640x480).jpg
    2010-2011 pics 073 (640x480).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 2010-2011 pics 075.jpg
    2010-2011 pics 075.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to dig the trailer out for some winter camping but I don't like getting it all salty, my heated shop won't fit the trailer so it would freeze up after washing. The idea of a lake lot with the trailer parked on it sure is appealing though.

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Cant afford a trailer but we do have a Nice winter tent that we use and have a stove that works with our set up . I also use a -30 sleeping bag and one for the dog lol Wife hates keeping the dog in the tent tho lol One day a toy hauler one day

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and RevyG have been tenting in the winter before. Slayed some trout through the hardwater and a few Carolans bottles too! Wouldn't want to do it with out toboggan and chainsaw though. Big fire helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom