Why

xxx

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why brp is selling last years sleds still, and and a
at such a low price this to me would be a kick in the teeth to someone who paid so much last year????

ROB123

Reaction score
Yamaha did this in the mid 1990's I think they pissed off there followers and lots jumped ship and changed brands

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
at such a low price this to me would be a kick in the teeth to someone who paid so much last year????

BRP does not care about the people.....just need to get rid of inventory no matter what.....Pissed, yeah, I'm pissed. I paid $13,500 for a summit X 154 and now its worth $7000?

xxx

Reaction score
rob123 this happened to me bought a vmax 600 one year the next they were blowing them out said F#CK you yamaha had switched to polaris.

grygoose

Reaction score
I am actually a Bombardier Salesman at a dealer here up north! adn it is a realy kick in the ass! it is pretty stupid why they would do that! if you were plannign on to buying a new one this year, i would maybe wait till next, adn get an 09 for just as cheap or cheaper!

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

Why does this concern you so much? You apparently drive Polaris. Are you mad because you could have bought a BRP sled instead and saved some $$.

It is all about supply and demand. There is an oversupply of Summits right now as the season starts to end and they have to blow them out. They also have alot of sleds from the snow drought areas of the USA.
If they don't get rid of them, next year you will be able to choose from new 2008, 2009 and 2010 models.

If I was in the market for a new sled right now I would not be complaining.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My way of thinking with the cheap '08s is this. I paid a premium for my X package almost 2 years ago, but if you want the top model right away, you will pay for it. Time depreciates everything, and if I wanted to buy a previous year brand new, you bet I would want a good price, considering I could get a newer model that has a few extra updates. The other thing that you have to look at as well, the price is lower, but there is not really any extra free accessories and things like that (other than the awesome 3 year warranty, but you get that with an 09 too). For example, when I bought my sled, I got a $600 rebate for the canadian dollar being high (no where near what the rebate should have been, but whatever), and $250 in accessory money. I have been riding my sled for 2 years, at say... ~$1000 depreciation each year (first couple are the biggest drop), and it puts my value roughly at the same as the "Blowout" prices on the new ones, but I have been riding for 2 seasons.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP does not care about the people.....just need to get rid of inventory no matter what.....Pissed, yeah, I'm pissed. I paid $13,500 for a summit X 154 and now its worth $7000?

Where the $%^ are you finding a 154 X for $7000?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the $%^ are you finding a 154 X for $7000?

Exactly... The ones that they are selling are Everest models, not X package, and the lowest I have seen is Martin Motorsports 9495 w/3 year bumper to bumper warranty, or 1100 cash back.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP does not care about the people.....just need to get rid of inventory no matter what.....Pissed, yeah, I'm pissed. I paid $13,500 for a summit X 154 and now its worth $7000.

How many miles on it? I'm interested. LOL!!!

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks if you are trying to sell your sled right now
and it s great if you are buying
That's what happens when too much product gets made and the
downturn in the economy and poor Snow years cause an abundance of inventory

Maybe if you were sitting in the Board Room you can answer your question
as to how Doo we sell the 2010 models?

Birdie:rolleyes:

Top Bottom