Shellbourne Fuel Enhancer

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stocked up on 2 stroke Snowmobile extreme. Can sell by the Litre or by the Case . Will also have 2stroke injection oil in the litres , cases of oil will have to be preordered. PM me me for info and prices. Ran this in my Turbo last year and it’s cheaper and better than av gas. Best of all no more need to go to the airport.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.png
    IMG_3023.png
    1 MB · Views: 84

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i might be interested it looks to be the same idea as boostane an octanium
'whats the mix ratio to get 91 to 96? octanium is about 300ml boostane is 75ml
cost of can?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Shellbourne use Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) like everyone else?

On my Hellcat forums this stuff has shown to leave horrible hard orange deposits on everything in the combustion chamber.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Does Shellbourne use Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) like everyone else?

On my Hellcat forums this stuff has shown to leave horrible hard orange deposits on everything in the combustion chamber.
Dave, can you clarify this. Are you indicating that products that containMMT leave orange deposits or the actual ‘Shelbourne’ product?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave, can you clarify this. Are you indicating that products that containMMT leave orange deposits or the actual ‘Shelbourne’ product?
MMT is the culprit. I've seen the same thing in the Camaro community.

It's unclear if Shellbourne is using MMT.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any octane booster that uses MMT like Boostane will cause nasty buildup of orange crud on the combustion chambers, valves and even the plugs. Yes, it boosts octane, but in the long term, the effects are nasty.

I was just asking/wondering if the Shelbourne product uses this additive.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any octane booster that uses MMT like Boostane will cause nasty buildup of orange crud on the combustion chambers, valves and even the plugs. Yes, it boosts octane, but in the long term, the effects are nasty.

I was just asking/wondering if the Shelbourne product uses this additive.

The MSDS should have to list the chemicals

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will find out , I been using the snowmobile extreme in my turbo and the 4 stroke motorcycle product in my Harley and could not be happier with the results and no issues.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just talked to John at Shellbourne, he said the stuff that causes the build up is farazene . The way I understand what he said it’s got mmt in it but no farazene. If that makes sense. He said it’s a non issue.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put a lot more of it threw my Harley , over a 1000 k, I will pull a plug and post pics this week when I get a chance.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a lot more of it threw my Harley , over a 1000 k, I will pull a plug and post pics this week when I get a chance.
I have a watercraft running 16lbs of boost using "Rac Gas" additive & the plugs are that reddish orange color. No build up, trying to read the plugs is the problem. We are tuning with a wide band, I would like to back that up with reading the plugs. I'm curious what your plugs look like & if you are able to read them. With LS motors I've cut the plugs apart to get an accurate reading. If I could do this with this watercraft using your additive I would give it a go!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m pretty busy right now, I will pull them and take pics when I got some time and post pics here.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All stocked up with 2 stroke application with ethanol reducer!

Attachments

• IMG_4582.png
    IMG_4582.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 68

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'Neutralizes ethanol' requires detailed explanation. Ethanol is fine, even desirable. The water it attracts not so much.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d say your are correct ethanol it self actually is desirable because of its ability to pull latent heat. What is undesirable is the side effects of having ethanol in as it has an affinity for water (attracts it).
I would suggest that there is an emulsifier in the mix that breaks the water molecules down to super fine particles that are easily dealt with in combustion rather than having phase separation and having a big ol bubble at the bottom of the tank. Just a guess though..

Top Bottom