why was the "suspect compression test" closed?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was a bit premature....isn't anyone from Specialty a member here that could respond to the thread? it certainly doesn't reflect well on snowandmud.com as it looks like preferential treatment to Specialty because they are a supporting vendor. if someone has a concern, I as a consumer would like to know about it and respond by asking questions.

I have no dog in this fight....I do not know MrMorgan, nor have I frequented Specialty Sleds. there was no bashing of Specialty going on, certainly nothing that would warrant closing the thread IMO....and I realize this is not a democracy.

we are all here to gather information and guidance from those who have had experiences, good or bad, with vendors and dealers.

just my two cents

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stated my reasoning for closing it on the thread.
I saw your reasoning, and also that you were going to close it at the end of the day. was it not worthy of a response from Specialty? 10 hrs to do a top end? that right there makes me question their integrity, let alone almost 40lbs difference in compression testing. maybe someone from there can respond and tell us MrMorgan is a bald faced liar?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not partial to any one shop or am I going to bash any buisness on here, but I think it should of been left open until a rep from Specaity responded to back up their actions, because as it stands i'm sure its turned a few people away from there. There's always two sides to a story.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
men_in_black_movie_image_tommy_lee_jones_and_will_smith copy.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had read a few posts from the thread and was going to comment but opted not to at the time as I have no experience with the shop in question. I don't know how far the posts went after I read but the only issue I could see is the OP opted to bring a "customer complaint" to the forum.

Although I think he posted his experience very tastefully, there may have been further oportunity to follow up with the shop in question before posting in the way it was. Maybe? I don't know the full story, only what I read.

I know in the past there was a very lengthly post concerning a shop and it may even have been Specialty that was also closed, but it was a completely different scenario.

Really though, I don't think Specialty or any shop should be expected to reply or justify their actions on a public forum. If there is a complaint, then take it up with that particular shop or supplier directly.

Anyhow, there are members who have suggested I keep my opinion to myself on here in the past but :rolleyes: it is a public forum and there it is!

It does suck when you feel your post is completely justifed and then closed when you feel you have taken a professional approach. It also sucks when you lose all those "thanks" when threads get closed! :p

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had read a few posts from the thread and was going to comment but opted not to at the time as I have no experience with the shop in question. I don't know how far the posts went after I read but the only issue I could see is the OP opted to bring a "customer complaint" to the forum.

Although I think he posted his experience very tastefully, there may have been further oportunity to follow up with the shop in question before posting in the way it was. Maybe? I don't know the full story, only what I read.

I know in the past there was a very lengthly post concerning a shop and it may even have been Specialty that was also closed, but it was a completely different scenario.

Really though, I don't think Specialty or any shop should be expected to reply or justify their actions on a public forum. If there is a complaint, then take it up with that particular shop or supplier directly.

Anyhow, there are members who have suggested I keep my opinion to myself on here in the past but :rolleyes: it is a public forum and there it is!

It does suck when you feel your post is completely justifed and then closed when you feel you have taken a professional approach. It also sucks when you lose all those "thanks" when threads get closed! :p

The last place in question i believe was Mountian Magic. HAR HAR That was a gooder !!!!!!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone in this business as small as i may still be and keeping in mind i had not had the chance to read this thread you speak of. IMO the very first step that needs to be taken if there is a problem with a product that went out the door is the PERSON(customer) needs to make the BUILDER(shop) the first one inline aware that there is a problem. Not tom, dick and harry, not all the other shops willing to fix it and certainly not in the public eye of an open forum. That being said however if the person who spent the money is getting no response in dealing with the shop that took the money, well then thats a different story.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

tonykunz

Reaction score
If done untastefully it could be viewed as slander. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, if it can't be resolved you can always try contacting BBB

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BBB, I'm assuming you mean Better Business Bureau is one of the biggest legal scams around. A companies BBB rating is directly proportional to how much money they are willing to pay for the "honor" of being a member in good standing of the BBB. Or so I have heard...only dealt with them once and it was not good.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If done untastefully it could be viewed as slander. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, if it can't be resolved you can always try contacting BBB

I am a comercial painter and if I give a high price (estimate) then so be it. If I upsell painting to a non suspecting customer then that's another story. Expensive or not isn't the issue. It's the test of the motor that's the issue.

tonykunz

Reaction score
The BBB, I'm assuming you mean Better Business Bureau is one of the biggest legal scams around. A companies BBB rating is directly proportional to how much money they are willing to pay for the "honor" of being a member in good standing of the BBB. Or so I have heard...only dealt with them once and it was not good.
See I've heard the opposite, that the BBB is a good place to start if all else fails.

I am a comercial painter and if I give a high price (estimate) then so be it. If I upsell painting to a non suspecting customer then that's another story. Expensive or not isn't the issue. It's the test of the motor that's the issue.
Yes, however if you quote out a commercial paint job, and the entire time you diss the rest of the competition because their drunks, sloppy ect. That's slander. Price doesn't factor into the equation.

I do agree with you though that if you upsell something and you can't stand behind your product, you're a shoddy businessman and run a shoddy ship. Or atleast try to make ammends, I don't know the entire story and I've never dealt with Specialty, I just wanted to point out that in this day and age you really have to watch what you say and how you say it.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree BBB does nothing for you as a consumer, like you said, legal scam.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell you a little story about speality sleds(ken), had a good buddy that bought a 1000 skidoo, around 5 years ago, then went to the sled show in calgary and ken talked him into a abortion air intake, boondocker nitrous, fuel controller, different clutch parts, light weight suspension parts, different shocks, and other front end parts

final bill was a total of 27 grand after the cost of the sled, this was his first sled and ken soaked him hard, first ride out we were at corbin and less than a mile down the rd a-arm broke on mogul and sled endowened hard, and we had to rush him to the hospital, after calling ken about his parts, he declared him a dumbass for calling to bitch about aftermarket parts...

by the time the season was done, we had swaped almost every part out that ken had installed, because he had nothing but issues and sled was a nightmare, even the nitrous was set up wrong

beaware

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you put on some lightweight aftermarket a-arms and bombed down a ungroomed rock filled trail?
hmm

did your buddy have to spend 27,000 on his first sled? was that a smart move?

its a business he is going to try and sell things.

you still have the power to say no.

aftermarket doesnt always work thats the way it is

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you put on some lightweight aftermarket a-arms and bombed down a ungroomed rock filled trail?
hmm

did your buddy have to spend 27,000 on his first sled? was that a smart move?

its a business he is going to try and sell things.

you still have the power to say no.

aftermarket doesnt always work thats the way it is
have dealt lots with specialty and have always been treated good have had a few issues but they were dealt with like any other place and as far as the a arm breaking ken is a distrubutor for aftermarket a arms etc like holtz and others its not his fault it broke some of you need to think before you speak my 2 cents

Top Bottom