Who's snowchecking 2025

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idk I never really understood everyone needing warranty. No wonder these things are through the roof in cost. In all my years of sledding….not paying for warranty it’s definitely in my favour for failures. I guess if a guy can’t take a 10k hit you probably can’t afford sledding anyway. Or stop buying new a let someone else take the hit depreciation.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it’s more of a case that most guys are sick of taking that hit, but then again, not many actually pay cash for a new sled I am thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idk I never really understood everyone needing warranty. No wonder these things are through the roof in cost. In all my years of sledding….not paying for warranty it’s definitely in my favour for failures. I guess if a guy can’t take a 10k hit you probably can’t afford sledding anyway. Or stop buying new a let someone else take the hit depreciation.

Half the time they try to fuk you on warranty claims anyways. And then you have to leave it stock, Wait to get chit fixed...

Warranty is over rated.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how many new 2 strokes have you purchased lol you wouldn't be saying that

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
Half the time they try to fuk you on warranty claims anyways. And then you have to leave it stock, Wait to get chit fixed...

Warranty is over rated.
Warranty is just a scam unless there is someone to stand behind it. Dealers hate it. They get screwed on it. Doing most things they don't get paid fully for it.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, if its a four stroke lol. Cant swing a dead cat around the parking lot without hitting a broken down two stroke now a days! I grabbed a 2023 G5 turbo and added a year warranty, makes sense to me but when thats up then what? Sell for cheap or roll the dice and hope it makes it another season or two I guess. I am pretty good to my machines but you just never know with these smokers. Still got the yami in the trailer for backup or if its really deep.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty is good for those every time they touch a wrench things get cross threaded. My 9R is the first ever sled that came with extra warranty and it wasn't my idea.
The sales manager wasn't giving me the discount on just having one year factory so ended up with the extra for the better deal. Dealers up sell extra warranty because of kickbacks, the dealers cost on an extra year is around $350.00, they sell that to you for generally $1000.00, 1500 for 2yrs and 2,000 for 3years, they're cost slightly goes up also for added years. Just generalizing, but I have seen the figures from the dealer, going private doesn't help much because of volume the dealer will do with the provider.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been on both sides of the fence. bought extra and never used it, but have bought extra and has well paid for itself. cars and trucks mainly. bought and extra year on my 22 boost. not many miles in 3 years only 980. i think one extra year was 2300 bucks. ouchy!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think the Poo dealer I dealt with was trying to make up for lost sales.
$17995 for factory only warranty or $15995 for the 3 extra years. LOL

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not many sleds I have bought where I didn't blow a motor or two under warranty. My 2020.5 with 8900 km and 2023 with 4500 km still on original motor though. But the extend warranty I bought on my 2020.5 has been paid for itself 3 times over.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not many sleds I have bought where I didn't blow a motor or two under warranty. My 2020.5 with 8900 km and 2023 with 4500 km still on original motor though. But the extend warranty I bought on my 2020.5 has been paid for itself 3 times over.
If you’re putting high mileage on it’s probably more in your favour….but for most
riders it’s not…unless it’s known your riding a pos. They don’t sell the warranty to lose money.
There’s definitely a shelf life to a 2 stroke then a guy should at least do a top end as part of its maintenance. I never ran them too far before doing a top end. Pushing them till they explode definitely leans towards a new motor…but I guess if you have warranty no need to look at the motor.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think an even bigger question you should be asking yourself besides "should I buy extended warranty" is........................................"For $25Gs, why can't they just build a motor that lasts more than 5,000 kms?"
Exactly

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think an even bigger question you should be asking yourself besides "should I buy extended warranty" is........................................"For $25Gs, why can't they just build a motor that lasts more than 5,000 kms?"
They did lol the 800 etec but then everyone wanted to attach a hairdryer to all the sleds so reliability goes down

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think the Poo dealer I dealt with was trying to make up for lost sales.
$17995 for factory only warranty or $15995 for the 3 extra years. LOL

So the sled was $2k cheaper with more warranty?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the sled was $2k cheaper with more warranty?

It actually was, I couldn't believe it myself.
I asked just for the basic factory one year and the sale manager said he can do that but I would pay the asking price of $17995.00, this included Polaris factory discounted price at the time.
But if I took the extra warranty provided by the dealer, not Polaris the price is $15995.
The sales guy not the manager told me by giving this break they break even as if they sold it for 17995.00 and it is more appealing.
They basically wanted the 24's out and this is their way of moving the 24's out the door.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe discount is the wrong wording, it was a rebate being offered or purchase incentive. $1000.00 off.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did you pay $15995 for the sled and another $2000 for warranty? Kinda sounds like a way of saying you got a good deal but payed the same. I like it.

Top Bottom