Who's getting the extra 2 years warranty on their Doo Turbo?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's planning on running one of these things for 4 years? Doo drops straight FYRE every year or two, I can barely swallow my pride to ride the 19 again this year.... She's a 2-3 year game for most...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's planning on running one of these things for 4 years? Doo drops straight FYRE every year or two, I can barely swallow my pride to ride the 19 again this year.... She's a 2-3 year game for most...

it is very true, they make it very tempting to upgrade almost every other year

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well who knows how much riding some of us will get in, we dont know what the future will hold for us Albertans entering BC. There is alot of unknowns.

If You have 200miles on a sled by the end of next season the extra warranty will look really nice.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably doo the doo next year, Ill ditch bang with the hairdryer if necessary

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just told that 4 years total warranty on the turbo is not available, just 3 years... feel a little duped that this info comes to light just before taking delivery

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was just told that 4 years total warranty on the turbo is not available, just 3 years... feel a little duped that this info comes to light just before taking delivery

This is what I have been saying. You can buy the warranty now for $1575 or wait till your two year warranty is just about ready to expire but it most likely will be more as BRP updates there warranty prices regularly. Just throw them dice

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

JJ it hasn’t just come to light as was well known at check time .

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jim, my understanding was 4 years was only available in the US for some dumb reason.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a third party warranty sold to me by my dealer for my Polaris just days before my 4 year warranty expired. I was skeptical that it would be as good as the factory extended warranty. I told my dealer straight up that if they trusted the warranty company I would trust them. It was a good call as I took out a motor 1 month into the extension. The dealer was confident enough to replace the motor and wait for the warranty company to pay them. This was $1400 to extend a 4 year warranty to 6 years on a 2015 Pro. I was comparing that price to a fresh top end which would have been at least 50%. I made the right decision as the extended warranty was a bumper to bumper deal. I bet someone here can find a good deal on a third party warranty for the turbo doo?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a third party warranty sold to me by my dealer for my Polaris just days before my 4 year warranty expired. I was skeptical that it would be as good as the factory extended warranty. I told my dealer straight up that if they trusted the warranty company I would trust them. It was a good call as I took out a motor 1 month into the extension. The dealer was confident enough to replace the motor and wait for the warranty company to pay them. This was $1400 to extend a 4 year warranty to 6 years on a 2015 Pro. I was comparing that price to a fresh top end which would have been at least 50%. I made the right decision as the extended warranty was a bumper to bumper deal. I bet someone here can find a good deal on a third party warranty for the turbo doo?

how does a company make money insuring a polaris for 6 years? LMAO

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is concerning that B.E.S.T will not take ones money for that fourth year.

They must want to get some statistics on the new motor first.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the 20.5 have many issues? I have seen a whine here and there but nothing major. Anyone seen different?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of aftermarket warranties. Most dealers just assume it’s as inclusive as the factory Warranty is. Read the policy cover to cover before you even start a repair or a diagnosis or they may kill the claim before it’s even started. Makes for a pissy customer.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am surprised they put any warranty over the one year . IMO
But I guess it’s all built into purchase prices so it’s a money maker for them .
Most are financing it as well so I guess it’s a win for dealers with that and the mark up on the warranty itself .

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the 20.5 have many issues? I have seen a whine here and there but nothing major. Anyone seen different?

Yes there was issues.

The sled that I know of had a magneto problem and fried the computer.
That can happen to any sled, but just because there is a turbo hung on the frame should not down grade the warranty on the rest of the sled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom