Who's getting the extra 2 years warranty on their Doo Turbo?

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not getting it right away, you can purchase it anytime as long as your initial 2 year warranty is still active.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the price difference before and after tho??? Anyone have pricing?

Buying the warranty after the sale is usually more expensive, at least it was in the past.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told its the same, but I will double check today.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600$$ for one year and 2200 for 2 yrs this is for a 2020.5 turbski
Cheaper to find 3 of your buddies to each pitch in $1500 for a pool and pay for warranty issues as they come. Unless of course you expect to blow up more than 25% of the engines.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told they have been bullet proof in stock form guys got 3000kms on the 2020T with no problems but to me the warranty will increase value at time of sale and probably make it easier to sell will some warranty coverage left on it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep in mind you are running a boosted machine now with potential of not only taking out the engine but the turbo also. I know an 850 engine replacement is in the 6-7k Range. I just had a look and the rotax turbo assembly is nearing 3k. Potential for 10k in damages. I dont think there are any cons to the extended warranty if you are planning on keeping the machine for more than 1-2 years. I think these machines will prove to be extremely reliable but there's always a chance you could have a catastrophic failure on anything.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would one not get the extra warrantee. Guessing if your paying 22g for a sled, the extra $1000.00 would be worth it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would one not get the extra warrantee. Guessing if your paying 22g for a sled, the extra $1000.00 would be worth it.

I find it interesting that now guys are interested in the extended warranty now.
The turbos two year warranty was always a sore spot with me.
The NA and the turbo make the same HP at sea level, and share alot of the same parts.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep in mind you are running a boosted machine now with potential of not only taking out the engine but the turbo also. I know an 850 engine replacement is in the 6-7k Range. I just had a look and the rotax turbo assembly is nearing 3k. Potential for 10k in damages. I dont think there are any cons to the extended warranty if you are planning on keeping the machine for more than 1-2 years. I think these machines will prove to be extremely reliable but there's always a chance you could have a catastrophic failure on anything.
Forget to tie down sled on deck and collect insurance lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how does the warranty work? They come with 2 years and you can buy 2 more? Asking for a friend.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the time of purchase extended warranty is usually substantially less than waiting until just before your warranty runs out. Like about 60-70% less. I guess some people are of the belief that if you get a lemon it will show before warranty runs out and you can dump it or buy the warranty if needed. But instead of $500 it might end up costing you $1700.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my purchase date I was quoted 1600$$ for one year or 2200$$ for 2 yrs was also told to wait until factory warranty of 1 yr was ready to expire to purchase any extended warrenty no sense giving brp money ahead for warrenty when it is covered for the first year......called my dealer yesterday and those prices still stand but they said they are negotiable....same as the price of the sled... mine is a 2020.5 yellow banana bought Mid February cash for 20% less than 22500

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 850 should be solid, it’s been on the snow awhile. And turbochargers can be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of replacement. If it were mine I’d save my $$$, but knowing me I wouldn’t keep it stock anyway, so extended warranty would be a moot point - I’ve never had a stock sled past the 1st month of ownership...

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also told to leave the sled stock or warranty is void any exhaust can tinkering with rod linkages some bolts are marked along with electrical connector are marked sounds like they want the warranty money but don’t want to do repairs under warranty so I’m really on the fence thinking the 2 yr 2200$ option for resale might be the answer if a guy stays stock but it’s so tempting to stage 3 it and roll the dice

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also told to leave the sled stock or warranty is void any exhaust can tinkering with rod linkages some bolts are marked along with electrical connector are marked sounds like they want the warranty money but don’t want to do repairs under warranty so I’m really on the fence thinking the 2 yr 2200$ option for resale might be the answer if a guy stays stock but it’s so tempting to stage 3 it and roll the dice

Correct, do not modify anything including exhuast system components. Factory muffler must remain etc.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that now guys are interested in the extended warranty now.
The turbos two year warranty was always a sore spot with me.
The NA and the turbo make the same HP at sea level, and share alot of the same parts.

never pull out all of your tricks at once. Brp is not being pushed by anyone currently. There is no factory turbo option from any other manufacturer, if it had zero warranty people would still buy them. The 2020.5s sold out instantly. Once Polaris and Cat start pushing back and release a factory turbo you know it will only come with a 2 year warranty, Then BRP will release the 4 year warranty.

Top Bottom