Warranty transfer on snowcheck

snofix

Reaction score
Didn’t snowcheck as I figured I’d ride my 21 another year but changed my mind after reading all the reviews lol! So I bought a G5 expert turbo on kijiji with 0 km.

My question is the warranty. It’s my understanding that I get the second year BEST since buddy picked it up and paid for it? I need the ECU update before I ride and I’m wondering if I can change it to my name now or do I have to try to keep it on the down low.

Steenso

Reaction score
Basically no different than a second hand purchase and warranty is transferable, contact your local dealer and they should be able to complete the warranty transfer- may require a Bill of Sale, proof of sale!

snofix

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I fessed up to my dealer and they said the same thing. I get the 2nd year since I bought it from the first owner and not directly from the dealer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow check fraud? Paying 30g for a new sled somehow is considered fraud these days? Wow

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow check fraud? Paying 30g for a new sled somehow is considered fraud these days? Wow
BRP is trying to stop dealers from running through fake snow checks. $2500 fine to dealer. Of course they have to prove it but they are a bit like our current government. Guilty until proven innocent

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is trying to stop dealers from running through fake snow checks. $2500 fine to dealer. Of course they have to prove it but they are a bit like our current government. Guilty until proven innocent

Thats crazy.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pre orders are good business. So it makes sense why they want to preserve that program. defeats the purpose of the program incentives for us religious snowcheckers if there is a wack of fake snowchecks sitting on the showroom floor

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are so great they will sell either way. I dont see the difference...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus it disincentives dealers to sell BRP products. I guess if their buisness model is to have a handful of dealerships its working...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pre orders are good business. So it makes sense why they want to preserve that program. defeats the purpose of the program incentives for us religious snowcheckers if there is a wack of fake snowchecks sitting on the showroom floor
What are the incentives these days? Full MSRP and covid surcharge fee. Other than that some different shocks and stuff?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lotsa dealers used to order 3-4
Extra snow checks with fake names cause they now there will be people looking, honestly if the dealer is paying for them what does it matter? A dealer should be able
To snag a few snow checks for there inventory, based on there previous years sales call it a dealer bonus, or if a inventory sled shows up on time and a customers snow check doesnt could swap and keep the customer happy, plus they allready cut the warrenty in half not like she 4 years anymore brother bought a cat last year with 2 year warrenty and i was chirping well fast fwd a year snd im
In the 2 year warrenty club lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lotsa dealers used to order 3-4
Extra snow checks with fake names cause they now there will be people looking, honestly if the dealer is paying for them what does it matter? A dealer should be able
To snag a few snow checks for there inventory, based on there previous years sales call it a dealer bonus, or if a inventory sled shows up on time and a customers snow check doesnt could swap and keep the customer happy, plus they allready cut the warrenty in half not like she 4 years anymore brother bought a cat last year with 2 year warrenty and i was chirping well fast fwd a year snd im
In the 2 year warrenty club lol

It’s first year product. Next year will likely be 3 year and 4 the following like they did from 2017-2020. Might never see 4 year on the turbo but three year is likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the incentives these days? Full MSRP and covid surcharge fee. Other than that some different shocks and stuff?

The incentive is you get a new sled. All sleds are spoken for and dealers sold out. 25 person waiting list for a new sled you get to skip the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom