who has jumped ship to a Pro???

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this was true and you were honest with yourself, you'd be riding a Pro next season.

No not with meadows and boondocking. Doo is no problem there, actually more fun with the power. Its just that the Pro is specifically designed to be on one ski. Any riding on 2 skis is better on a doo.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if he needed training wheels to pretend he could ride while sacrificing power, chassis reliability, solid handling and the rep of being a poo poo loyal.....im sure he would
Chassis reliability? you must be trying to be funny, or you like tearing the whole front end of your sled apart for what is a simple repair on a Pro.

Last edited:

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
going from 2011 skidoo xp to snowcheck 2013 polaris pro rmk im super excited :p i rode a buddies rental polaris pro r loved the way it handled and felt mor natural to me. i had trouble keeping a side hill on the doo xp the pro felt more comfy to me and stable. but to other buddy he didnt like it as much. so personal prefrince (cant spell)

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chassis reliability? you must be trying to be funny, or you like tearing the whole front end of your sled apart for what is a simple repair on a Pro.
heheha ya doo chassis reliability??? its next to none, or "nun" or "e module" or is it "s module"? who the fak knows, its weak as fak and common knowledge..... Aaaand nevrmind, ur obviously talkin about doo

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, the Poo Pro has $300 a-arms in Canada thats $1200 a set! So I expect you could doo a complete Doo front end for the same price. A little more labour though. I will also say that the Doo I own is much tougher than the Poo I own. Never any damage on the Doo with 3 arms on the Poo so far and one sway bar.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep doo chassis is tough as nails as long as your not smoking rocks like when most people usually bend something. You can buy a complete set of a-arms and shocks for 600 for the doo...and the rest of the front end parts are only 300 bucks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alternative Impact Chromoly a-arms, complete upper and lower Both sides, just under $500 for the Pro. Added bonus is that these are even stronger than the near bullet proof Pro front end already.

Reactions: cs5

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM is less expensive than the Pro this year and for those guys who ride 10 days/ season you really should not respond. I have ridden doo for the past 16 + yrs and ride 2500 kms/yr. Next season I expect I will be riding a Pro even though the quality and reliability is way below that of a doo. The reality is that if I want to keep up in the trees, the doo won't cut it. I rode the 13 XM and it is a sweet sled but it still cannot do what the Pro does. I have to look for a Pro now and hope I don't regret it.

REALLY... IS THAT A FACT? So in your world what is the minimum amount of days riding/season before you can have an opinion? Your opinion is no more valid to me just because you ride 2500 kms per year on a doo.

Last edited:

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No not with meadows and boondocking. Doo is no problem there, actually more fun with the power. Its just that the Pro is specifically designed to be on one ski. Any riding on 2 skis is better on a doo.
So your saying Doo's are better on the trail that must be why i see so many busted at the top as they hammer the whoops like no ones business. My ski's rarely touch other than on the trail ,but the real test is on the mountain and what i read here is a bunch of Doo fans a little scared that they are no longer the best sled out there, and who cares what you ride as long as you ride and enjoy the sport.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alternative Impact Chromoly a-arms, complete upper and lower Both sides, just under $500 for the Pro. Added bonus is that these are even stronger than the near bullet proof Pro front end already.
The problem is if you start beefing up your A arms you start busting stuff that is expensive to fix......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying Doo's are better on the trail that must be why i see so many busted at the top as they hammer the whoops like no ones business. My ski's rarely touch other than on the trail ,but the real test is on the mountain and what i read here is a bunch of Doo fans a little scared that they are no longer the best sled out there, and who cares what you ride as long as you ride and enjoy the sport.

The reason us "Doo" riders still think we have the best sled is because we didn't get the internal memo from Polaris. But thanks for letting us know. I'll take it to management.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason us "Doo" riders still think we have the best sled is because, as everyone knows, "you can't fix stupid".

Very true, snopro. It likely is a waste of time trying to help Doo boys see the light.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true, snopro. It likely is a waste of time trying to help Doo boys see the light.

I've seen it! Start out in a meadow, proceed to steep tree riddled face, take seemingly impossible line across the hill through trees 1" wider than your stance. Hold sidehill for 100 yards. Button hook uphill. Proceed straigt up hill through deep snow. Buttton hook down left. Back right, down 100feet. Carve up, wiggle through some tight trees at the convex, and bam. THE LIGTHT! But I guess you wouldn't know....need at least a 16 wide track to button hook uphill from a sidehill and build speed in deep steep snow. Maybe 2014 will have something promising for you.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think any body argues that a 16" wide track has more traction than a 15". You simply need to go with a 163 instead of a 154. Sure all out traction you should have it long and wide but if thats all people cared about, they wouldn't have any sales for 154's or shorter. I simply have found that on my Doo, I have to pull it so far into the hill on a side hill due to it's low center of gravity that it actually pulls the track out of the snow. This is only a problem when going horizontal on the side hill or sidehilling down the slope. It's not a function of rider in any way it is simply the balance point. Where it is balanced, the side panels and running boards are dragging. If you don't believe it you must do the following: Take a XP and tip it on side to the balance point, you can do this on your garage floor. Now measure the distance from the back of the side panels to the floor. Now do the same test with a Pro or IQ Polaris and you will see there is much more clearance. Well unless your Maxwell it works this way.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxwell

I've seen it! Start out in a meadow, proceed to steep tree riddled face, take seemingly impossible line across the hill through trees 1" wider than your stance. Hold sidehill for 100 yards. Button hook uphill. Proceed straigt up hill through deep snow. Buttton hook down left. Back right, down 100feet. Carve up, wiggle through some tight trees at the convex, and bam. THE LIGTHT! But I guess you wouldn't know....need at least a 16 wide track to button hook uphill from a sidehill and build speed in deep steep snow. Maybe 2014 will have something promising for you.

maxwell, what is that manure-like smell that seems to leak out of my screen whenever I'm reading one of your posts ?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think any body argues that a 16" wide track has more traction than a 15". You simply need to go with a 163 instead of a 154. Sure all out traction you should have it long and wide but if thats all people cared about, they wouldn't have any sales for 154's or shorter. I simply have found that on my Doo, I have to pull it so far into the hill on a side hill due to it's low center of gravity that it actually pulls the track out of the snow. This is only a problem when going horizontal on the side hill or sidehilling down the slope. It's not a function of rider in any way it is simply the balance point. Where it is balanced, the side panels and running boards are dragging. If you don't believe it you must do the following: Take a XP and tip it on side to the balance point, you can do this on your garage floor. Now measure the distance from the back of the side panels to the floor. Now do the same test with a Pro or IQ Polaris and you will see there is much more clearance. Well unless your Maxwell it works this way.

ahh. it all makes sense now.

Top Bottom