who has jumped ship to a Pro???

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**** WARNING**** Hardcore DOO faithful need not reply cuz every other Pro post has turned into a pissing match and into a waste of time reading.......

Just wondering who has jumped ship from any other brand to a Pro in the last couple of years? I rode with 2 this weekend and they seem to work pretty good compared to '09 XP. I took one for a bit and got out of a few places that the Doo would have been uber stuck or wrapped around a tree.... Power doesnt hit quite as hard Doo's(might just be how I have mine set up), but the sled just keeps going. I've been on doo since '04 but thinking this may be my next sled.

I know the XM is going to be the Jesus of new sleds. It will feed the hungry, read to the blind and cure the sick..... I dont care about that though... Bashers go post on a different Pro post...

Thanks

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to compare 2009 products to 2012 products, your going to be jumping ship every time. At minimum try a doo sled with the e-tec. A the end of the day, they are all good and better if your used to it.

I cant believe anyone would buy a pro, until they have tried the XM. Not saying they will like it better, but to not test drive the latest and greatest before buying is crazy. I will try my best to ride the 2013 pro before i buy the xm in 2014, im pretty sure i will not like it as much, but i cant leave myself wondering.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched over from an XP last fall. I have a long list of things I love about the pro, I sure as heck don't miss the XP! The pro is simply amazing, as you mentioned it just keeps going and gets on top of the snow better. Holds a line really good, doesn't buck you off when you hit ruts. Makes a person a better rider.

The pro chassis pushs every other brand out there to do better and I'm glad to see doo is catching up!

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the comparison between the years, but a guy cant always ride the latest and greatest every year on a normal salary. I've ridden and e-tech, and they are nice. Im just not sure if they are worth the extra cash for me.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to compare 2009 products to 2012 products, your going to be jumping ship every time. At minimum try a doo sled with the e-tec. A the end of the day, they are all good and better if your used to it.

I cant believe anyone would buy a pro, until they have tried the XM. Not saying they will like it better, but to not test drive the latest and greatest before buying is crazy. I will try my best to ride the 2013 pro before i buy the xm in 2014, im pretty sure i will not like it as much, but i cant leave myself wondering.

Run back to your lumber mill Troll, you're not welcome here!! haha

Remember every year doo introduces a new chassis? There's always issues.... Talk to the wise and they will tell you about first year models of any machine.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wifey snow checked a new 600 Pro RMK today - there wasn't any competition out there in her opinion. May have went differently if the doo was in XM chassis, or if cat built a 600 in the proclimb...

ditch1000

Reaction score
**** WARNING**** Hardcore DOO faithful need not reply cuz every other Pro post has turned into a pissing match and into a waste of time reading.......

Just wondering who has jumped ship from any other brand to a Pro in the last couple of years? I rode with 2 this weekend and they seem to work pretty good compared to '09 XP. I took one for a bit and got out of a few places that the Doo would have been uber stuck or wrapped around a tree.... Power doesnt hit quite as hard Doo's(might just be how I have mine set up), but the sled just keeps going. I've been on doo since '04 but thinking this may be my next sled.

I know the XM is going to be the Jesus of new sleds. It will feed the hungry, read to the blind and cure the sick..... I dont care about that though... Bashers go post on a different Pro post...

Thanks

Came off a modded M1000 to a 2012 Pro RMK 800 163..... I used to be the biggest Polaris hater around and now my 2012 Pro is the best sled I have ever owned!! It makes my old M1000 look stupid and spanks the new cats and is dead even with the etek's. So nimble and fun to ride and gives you so much confidence that you will try things you would never have tried on your old sled!!!!! Also running it fairly stock and feel there is no need to do any serious mods because it just works so good!! No regrets here!!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I heard you made the Special Olynpics team. Congrats !!!

Last edited:

jpow

Reaction score
just snow checked a pro, have been a doo guy and even rode the xm 13 , but for me I'm just not going to spend the extra $1800 more. thats a few road trips and beers!!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came off a Rev w/ a Cat big bore last year when I snowchecked a 163 Pro. I have no brand loyalty and rode what I could the year before to see what fit me best. Went with the Polaris and now I can't wipe the smile off my face. 10 days of riding in this winter and haven't missed a beat. Very happy. Going to keep the '12 for at least another year, then either go new or maybe throw some boost at it.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well we know its the latest change Doo has made, but i suggest we are yet to find out if its the greatest. You apparently have the inside track.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had cat till 2003 and then Doo to this point. If i didn't have so many tools and extra parts for the Doo i would be on a Pro with 174x2.5 and some small add ons. I like the looks of the new Pros better and the handling is whatever you get used to .IMO

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is just a standard RMK, but I love it best sled I've ever owned. To funny that the first post to this thread is a guy trying to talk up the Doo!!

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just snow checked a Special Edition 163 ES. Coming off a 174 turbo Nytro. Going to miss the 270hp but not the weight. Looking forward to a new rde!!!!!

viper0287

Reaction score
I have been riding Doo since 1997 ....I rode them cause I thought they were the best sled out there at the time.....I am not really brand loyal and dont bleed one color

I still have my 2009 Summit X but I just picked up a 2012 Pro RMK cause from everything I have read and seen they are more suited for my riding style and when I heard the new Summits were even heavier that their last years Summit that made my decision much easier to make the switch....in the mountains weight means alot........ecspecially when stuck....lol

The new rear suspension looks a little gimmicky to me ....for the last few years Doo has been trying to alter the current chassis to sidehill and carve like the Polaris and Cat

I was a little dissapointed when I saw the 2013 and thought that Doo would be coming out with a game changer.....I still think they have the best engine out there and their research, design , fit and finish is above the Polaris

I also think all brands have their strengths and weaknesses and am really looking forward to next season

kobylka18

Reaction score
I cannot stand Polaris but the Pro has spoke for itself and now I find myself snow checking 163 White LE. I am looking forward to this machine taking me and my skills to places that my doo fell short.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot stand Polaris but the Pro has spoke for itself and now I find myself snow checking 163 White LE. I am looking forward to this machine taking me and my skills to places that my doo fell short.
Wow thats a big step! One you won't regret.:thumbsup2:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with that... make sure yoiu let us know how that works out for you

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with that... make sure yoiu let us know how that works out for you

It sounds like it already has fred. Maybe we should call this thread "who has jumped ship from Doo cause they don't want to be on fredw's team anymore" LOL. 2 nd place sucks eh fred. But hey heres hoping eh, that teeter totter may be the bomb.

Top Bottom