Who has an Avalanche Bag?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im in the market for one but cant decide on how many liters to buy.

Those who have them, what do you think of them and what size do you have? Any regrets on the size of your storage compartment?

Thanks

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an S.O.S. bag. It includes a probe, two piece shovel with saw (in the handle), and a camel back. I can't recall how many litres the bag is? But if I can suggest one must, that is a bag with a chest strap. A few of my buddies don't have the chest strap and it isn't too long before they are out buying another bag. Also you would be amazed how often a guy is using the saw. If you're building a fire for lunch or helping free the odd "cat" from a tree:rolling:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bag you have is the one with the baloons that come out when you pull the cord? The bags im talking about cost around 1200 dollars.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not the ballon type.
My bad.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone I know has the 30L bag,One guy has a 15L bag and he likes it. Says it stops you from having a heavy packcause space is limmited. I prefer the 30 as the bags take up some space. Go to the show and you get to see a lot of bags pull tested as this IS a requirement for EACH sale to insure they function properly. It is amazing(good) at how many people have bags, not that much money in the big picture. Stuff a couple coats in the 30 at the show and put it on to see how bulky it feels to you when its full. Its one of those personal choice things. Can't buy a bad bag, having one is just a dam good idea.

Top Bottom