which skidoo dealer in Edmonton is best for Warrenty?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a 2013 xm at the tail end of its warranty that has a bad primary clutch bushing just want to maximize my chances of having the mechanic agree that its warranty. i plan to go to the martins open house tomorrow, which for me is great timing as i now have to get rid of my cat gear and buy new stuff... im just hoping to save some of or all of the $560 ive been quoted to rebuild the clutch.

so what doo you guys think wheres the best place to get warranty work done?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most clutch parts are viewed as wear items. SkiDoo has warranted clutch wear items in the past when they had a problem they were aware of but warranty on a 3 year old clutch is unlikely Imo.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$560 ? Holy fawk. $250 - $300 is what i usually charge, parts included. Spring, sliding sheave bushing, spring cover assy,slider shoes, 0-rings, rollers, pins, cotter pins. OEM Doo
Which is cheap. Im doing my clutches right now and putting OEM parts in isn't cheap. between Doo primary and secondary rollers, youre 100$ in lol

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the doo primary rebuild kit is only 140.00 dollars + a new spring
do the water trick to pop the primary clutch off
only tool need is a piece of reddi rod in a vise and a nut and washer to hold the spring cup on when you take the bolts out
search ski doo primary clutch lots of good youtube videos out there on how to do your own

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lady i spoke with on the phone said she thought it was covered but only the mechanic could say for sure starting to sound like they just wanted to get me in the door. oh well think i will get slededjr to do it.

thanks for all the info guys

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lady i spoke with on the phone said she thought it was covered but only the mechanic could say for sure starting to sound like they just wanted to get me in the door. oh well think i will get slededjr to do it.

thanks for all the info guys
Never ever trust the lady that answers the phone. Lol.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do all warranty claims at my BRP dealership. There is an EXCLUSION list that we have to follow... I doo, try my best to get things covered, but at the end of the day, its up to BRP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom