Which mountain machine?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I didn't like the turn key reliability of the boosted 4stroke Yammie so much, I would have gone Doo T3 for sure they are awesome sleds. I will agree the new Polaris sleds are pretty decent all round I just have a general bias against them seen too many past problems. Ive never had much time around Cats in all the years riding but seems like there engines are solid.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i ride the at, very tough sled and works great i dont like the feel of the doos and i dont trust the poos so that leaves me witht he cat i also have a wicked cat dealer so taht helps :p

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a lot and honestly could get used to any of them, pick your color or if buying used look for a nice clean low Mile unit! I ride cat currently but can get on a pro or axys and it feels very similar to ride. The xm doo feels odd to me but guys who get used to them love them. Again pick your color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned 2 older poo indy's that treated me really well other than the 600 triple sucked a ton of fuel and have bought 2 new doo's the latest being a 15 Summit X. I like that with doo the money stays in Canada, for the most part, and I've been told their technology is 2 years ahead of the other builders...according to some mod guys I've spoken with. It comes down to personal preference...pick a style and color you like and hit the snow!!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned 2 older poo indy's that treated me really well other than the 600 triple sucked a ton of fuel and have bought 2 new doo's the latest being a 15 Summit X. I like that with doo the money stays in Canada, for the most part, and I've been told their technology is 2 years ahead of the other builders...according to some mod guys I've spoken with. It comes down to personal preference...pick a style and color you like and hit the snow!!

Ya that rear skid and shocks of their's are years ahead.......... of a 96 670 summit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are all good..like someone mentioned earlier its all what you are use to or can get use to. I had an 08 summit and i find i can jump on a pro and ride it with not to much noticable change (little bit tippier than an xp but resonably close the way they handle) i could also get use to an arctic cat but with a few changes i hate the stock bars on cats they feel like my hands are so close together just hopped on one the other day and they have good power and response so im sure with a wider set of bars it would be easy to catch onto so my advice would be to try a few out before pulling the trigger (if possible) and just see what you like or what u think you could get use too

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from an '08 154 XP to a '16 T3 163x. All I can say is it's a night and day difference. Steering is better ( lighter), easy to lay over, the motor in the XM is hands down a great, responsive motor. But as has been mentioned in the above posts, it's whatever you feel comfortable on.

Edit: whoops, missed the last post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillyYork

Reaction score
I own a Polaris and a Cat and I can say the fit and finish is better on the cat. That being said, they are all good these days. Pick the best dealer.

Honestly for all around you can't go wrong with another Ski-Doo.
If you can get used to the steering and not big on top shelf fit/finish then the prices on cat's can't be beat.
The axys poos are ok. But I feel they've gone too far to lighten them up as became evident with all the a-arm and glue issues with them.
I really like the new sidewinder but may be out of your price range by the time you lighten them up.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new left over Cats are insanely cheap right now. Have a look around I think Alberta Cycle has some cheap ones kicking around. Also T&T out in bonnyville is a super good dealer and they always have good prices too. I like the Cats, ive never been a doo or poo fan they might be good but I don't like em.
. Yes we do over 150 in stock :)

Top Bottom