Which can to buy?

NYTRO

Reaction score
Have a 2010 M8 SnoPro and want to get rid of the "suitcase" exhaust system but don't know which way to go. I don't want anything really loud nor do I want to put something on that requires any modification to the sled.

Any suggestions?

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2010 M8 SnoPro and want to get rid of the "suitcase" exhaust system but don't know which way to go. I don't want anything really loud nor do I want to put something on that requires any modification to the sled.

Any suggestions?

i had a mbrp on my 2010 m8 and its loud if u are not looking for loud and still save weight I would go with slp or speedwerx can

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

go with the MBRP. it's a little bit louder than the stock can but not too loud. excellent fit.

sleliuk1

Reaction score

Any suggestions?

I really don't care what can you buy because all that i'm looking at is that pic of yours! That girl is amazing! Anyways you should go with the MBRP.

matm8snopro

Reaction score

Any suggestions?

I'm running the jaws can, its pretty loud though....speedwerx can is a better option if your looking for quiet...

Cousin Vinny

RIP Jan 29,2016
Reaction score
I use the new SLP silencer (09-297) on my 2010 and it works great. Lost 13.5 lbs, very quiet at idle and much quieter than the MBRP.

Cartel

Reaction score
My MBRP is not very quite on my M7..... but it saved me a bunch o weight and was a super easy install.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run D&D Ypipe and barker can. I like it , doesnt sound like all the other cats meowin on the hill

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Jaws on my 10 M8 snopro, not as loud as my buddies MBRP on his. both seemed to work well with no bog.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP and the Barker on the 2010s are pretty loud. Don't compare to older M8's cause the sound on the new motor is totally different. I have a full SLP pipe and it's nice and quiet, but yet doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner. I like it better than the MBRP I had before. Speedwerx to me doesn't sound that great, and I like that SLP's cans are ceramic coated. Also, the SLP and MBRP are the only ones (THAT I KNOW OF) that have a shield covering the rest of the exhaust opening hole. If it's not covered, you get a chitload of snow that piles up in the bottom of the bellypan right by your brake.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
decibal level...

Stock M8 88 db

MRPB Can standard /Race version 98 db

MRPB Trail version 92 db

Wanted the trail version but no one stocked it so went with the standard ...it barks a bit more then I would have liked for recreaction riding...but it's quiter then our race quads and my street bike...lol

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice on the MBRP. I wouldn't recommend the SLP can to anyone. Quiet it is; lightweight it isn't.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the SLP can isn't light that's for sure, but much lighter than the suitcase that comes on the 2010 M8!! lol My hubby has the SLP can on his 2010 and this will be the second season running it. It has a nice sound to it, not loud though. No problems with it yet, but like Shredder says it ain't light.:d:d:d:d

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice on the MBRP. I wouldn't recommend the SLP can to anyone. Quiet it is; lightweight it isn't.

Unless the cans that come with pipes are different, the SLP one is MAYBE 3-4 lbs heavier than the MBRP. I sure hope you're laying off the beer if that's a big deal for you. Do you pack around extra fuel, have a windshield bag, carry stuff under your seat, carry a fully-geared backpack... 3-4 lbs isn't much now, is it? :d

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you like loud I'll sell you my skinz super q. Too loud for me. One of the lightest and loudest cans on the market. Kelsey at RKTEK swears by the skinz can. They use a flow meter to match the flow of the stock exhaust.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP and the Barker on the 2010s are pretty loud. Don't compare to older M8's cause the sound on the new motor is totally different. I have a full SLP pipe and it's nice and quiet, but yet doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner. I like it better than the MBRP I had before. Speedwerx to me doesn't sound that great, and I like that SLP's cans are ceramic coated. Also, the SLP and MBRP are the only ones (THAT I KNOW OF) that have a shield covering the rest of the exhaust opening hole. If it's not covered, you get a chitload of snow that piles up in the bottom of the bellypan right by your brake.

Good to know.. incidentally, my jaws also has shield to cover the opening with keeps snow out.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless the cans that come with pipes are different, the SLP one is MAYBE 3-4 lbs heavier than the MBRP. I sure hope you're laying off the beer if that's a big deal for you. Do you pack around extra fuel, have a windshield bag, carry stuff under your seat, carry a fully-geared backpack... 3-4 lbs isn't much now, is it? :d

I really couldn't give a fawk about the weight to tell you the truth since I am around 225 lbs without gear.;) One came with my pipe and I ran it for one trip and put my D&D Barker back on because I didn't like how quiet the SLP was. If 3-4 pounds is no big deal to you we should ride together sometime and you can carry my beer for me.:d:d That would help me shed some weight. Laying off the beer is not a weight saving option for my crew. :eek::eek::beer:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I really couldn't give a fawk about the weight to tell you the truth since I am around 225 lbs without gear.;) One came with my pipe and I ran it for one trip and put my D&D Barker back on because I didn't like how quiet the SLP was. If 3-4 pounds is no big deal to you we should ride together sometime and you can carry my beer for me.:d:d That would help me shed some weight. Laying off the beer is not a weight saving option for my crew. :eek::eek::beer:

There's a reason the SLP pipe COMES WITH the can... It is designed to be run with a can that has back pressure, unlike the flow-through MBRP, Jaws, D&D ones... Just saying, to each his own. I already carry enough chit on my sled as it is... No room for beer when your buddies ride XP's. Fawkin' BRP and their lack of storage. :rant:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The D&D Barker has adjustable back pressure.;) :beer: The ceramic coated SLP does look better though than my black D&D can.:beer:

Top Bottom