Where were you on 9/11 ?

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just cleared security at DFW airport waiting to come back to Calgary. Needless to say I was stuck down there for a few days.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to go NAIT. Just started my second year. I turned the tv on thought way is this movie on all the channels? Then watched the second plane hit the tower. Went to NAIT but pretty much just sat watching tv in the lobby.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was unpacking a house. Had just moved to blackfalds.
Landlord came by and told us to turn on tv.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol headed into grade 10… woke up and the same thing was on every channel… I got to school and went to social class, they already had Bin Laden on TV….

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol headed into grade 10… woke up and the same thing was on every channel… I got to school and went to social class, they already had Bin Laden on TV….
One of my most prized possessions is an autographed hard copy of Rob O’Neils book “The Operator”. He is the SEAL team 6 member that put two .223 rounds in Bin Ladens forehead in the raid that took him down. Glad they finally got that cacksacker!

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 years old when it happened. Called in sick to work (Stony Coop) that morning cause I felt like a bag of ch!t. Was laid out on the couch watching the morning news. They showed the first tower on fire and then the second one was hit on live tv. Was completely in disbelief at what was happening. Didn’t leave the couch for about 12 hours glued to the tv.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a John Deere combine harvesting wheat. We shut down for a few hours to watch everything unfold on tv in the house. Weird, we kinda figured it was a big deal but we really had no idea how big it truly was at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was playing hooky from school to work with dad, his one labourer called in sick/drunk….. as usual, we heard it on the radio while on the job site, left work to go grab some McDonald’s drive thru and the second one hit the tower live on the radio feed from New York, never forget that

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Jr high. Family didn't watch tv in the mornings and took the bus to school so didn't hear anything about it until friends told me when I walked into the school. News was on a TV in the common area and it was just unbelievable at the time.

ArtieBar64

Reaction score
I was working night shift at fire station. Woke up and one of the guys said a Cessna had flown into the WTC. When I saw the footage I said - that wasn’t no Cessna. I was watching the news when 2nd plane hit - drive home was surreal. Wondering how this could ever have happened- thought a lot about all the first responders and civilians that died in the 2 towers. After 21 years it still brings a tear to my eye.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stocking the Pasta sauce aisle in the Kelowna superstore. Both plans had crashed by the time my shift was done at 7am if I recall. Watched news when I got home for a bit and then went to bed.

baker8

Reaction score
Hunting camp in the prophet river. Hunters were from comox all worked on the base. Came back from catching horses and they all told me I should probably get my head wrapped around going to war

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had just finished a business trip in Kelowna. Was flying back to Edmonton that morning. I remember the motel seemed really quiet. Turned on the TV and saw the ch!t show unfolding. Was still able to get on a plane that AM. They shut down the airports shortly after.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
working for imperial oil in quirk creek doing an engine and compressor overhaul. shut us down for the day when the news broke.

Top Bottom