Where were you on 9/11 ?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was on my way home from Inuvik. Spent the night in my truck in the Ritz parking lot in Whitecourt. Got a phone call in the morning and turned my TV on.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just headed to the store. Called the shop and said I wouldn’t be in today and watched coverage all day on the TV

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watched on the tube live when the second plane crashed the tower

was kind of in disbelief (it was early morning)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for school when my dad called and said turn on the tv, seemed surreal at that time what was happening, although I was only 12. Still want to go to NY one day and check out the museum.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working downtown Edmonton in an office tower. Everyone stopped working and listened to the radio, crazy how a construction site went so quiet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched CNN, ohhhh how times have changed! It was impressive how Canada & US worked together.
Yeah back when they reported on the news and then decided to become partisan

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working at Strathcona refinery. When some one turn on the radio a plane hit a building. We thought it was an incident at the downtown Edmonton Airport at 1st.
Was quite a shocker when we learned what had happened

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air traffic controller from Vancouver, not sure if he is on this forum or not. Very cool his story how all aircraft where landed where ever they were, Canada & US......... we did that together.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was living in New Brunswick at the time. I was setting up a bunch of tents for a festival onnone of the main streets in Fredericton and saw the coverage of the first plane and then watched the second plane hit.

We then had to go from that job to one at Gagetown (massive military base). That was interesting. Almost didn't let us in. They were fully armed

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Ft Mac building Albian Sands. Was my day to go home on company plane. Was on an 11 on 4 off schedule. Plane came in to Mildred Lake and pilot said we are grounded. Stayed at work for anther 30 days.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you know a Ray Radcliffe when you were up there? He was a Millwright for Rival Engine and Compressor Services back then up there

I worked with ray.

I was in trade school for 3rd year millwright, we all ended up at the campus pub and watched the chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just left a job site in Leduc and heading to another in Edmonton, when The Bear announced that some idiot just flew into the World Trafe building. Then the 2nd jet hit and I pulled over across from the airport and wondered wtf is going on?

4 days later a bunch of us drive to Rexburg Idaho to play on the sand dunes. We crossed the border like nothing happened… and never saw so many flags at 1/2 mast in my life. It was very humbling

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
working at the Finning branch and a coworker said a plane hit one of the towers. Said other small planes in the past had hit the towers. Didn't believe him and within minutes we were in the conference room with the TV on.

Top Bottom