Where to mount onboard air

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering where those of you with onboard air compressors mounted the compressors. I'd like to stay in the engine bay but it's tight as is and I have dual batteries. As always thanks for the input.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Put my compressor for the airbags under the aftermarket air intake system, it's tight under the hood of most newer vehicles.... We've installed some underneath on the transmission crossmembers, and in between fenderwells and fenders.....

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Built a bracket & got mine to fit between one battery & Rad on a SD.

Attachments

• camera pics 025.jpg
    camera pics 025.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
  • camera pics 026.jpg
    camera pics 026.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 31
  • camera pics 027.jpg
    camera pics 027.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 31
  • camera pics 028.jpg
    camera pics 028.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 39

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine behind the passanger side battery.

Attachments

• Picture%20170.jpg
    Picture%20170.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 166

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bf i see you have some couplers on you compressor and the holding tank, have you or do you use it for tires tools etc and how much afro engineering did you have to do.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey bf i see you have some couplers on you compressor and the holding tank, have you or do you use it for tires tools etc and how much afro engineering did you have to do.

U are correct JDEERMan.... Reserve tank gots lots of volume, Good for tires & Air horns. Inflate & deflate switches with gauge incab for 4 wheel air bags. Only thinking that went into was designing a bracket for the compressor to mount.... One little tip.... Route all air lines thru rubber graden hose.... Keeps the rocks from working on them.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another question is if to guys have the in van controller wheref you get your lines through the cab
i run them through the floor where the shifter cable comes through and through where the main harness comes through the firewall both spots wrapped with a chunk of rubber and taped

bowhunter

Reaction score
Where do you guys buy these little compressors? Do they just run 12volt and can the fill a tire without a res. tank?

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailer hitch dealers offroad performance places with a little inginuity you can rig one up for inflating tires but it would run a long time as they have a low cfm rating. yes they run on 12 volt mine the light duty and it has a 25 amp fuse in the circut. Or pm xsyourride hes a dealer he can hook you up.

bowhunter

Reaction score
Ya i have the firestone airbags in my 2500 ram. I was looking at the compressor kit that they sell with it that has the compressor, gauge and switch but dunno if i should go that way or not. I dont think that little compressor could fill a tire if i had to.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes about a minute to fill my bags to 90lbs from empty and if you really want it to fill a tire put a 5 gallon reserve and the hd compressor and then fill your bags off the tank it can be done, or if you reall want a do it all compressor go get a warn winch and compressor.

Top Bottom