Where to go March 29&30

mikey1

Reaction score
Looking to go somewhere newbie friendly as girlfriend is new to the mountains. Where will have good snow still?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you mean by "good snow". Fernie would be great; very newbie friendly and closer than Revy. There definitely will be snow to ride. It might be hero snow or there could be a powder dump. Who knows? Open meadows, no scary stuff, and not the big crowds of some of the larger places.

Nagzs

Reaction score
I will be in Sicamous between March 29th to April 5th. I don't have anyone coming along as of yet. Planning on staying at the Eagle Valley Lodge.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you mean by "good snow". Fernie would be great; very newbie friendly and closer than Revy. There definitely will be snow to ride. It might be hero snow or there could be a powder dump. Who knows? Open meadows, no scary stuff, and not the big crowds of some of the larger places.

Think Revy might be closer than Fernie to FT Mac???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Think Revy might be closer than Fernie to FT Mac???

Fort Mac to Revelstoke = 1128km Fort Mac to Fernie = 1142 km

Better roads heading down to Fernie vs. over passes

Numbers are interesting.........

Ft. Mac to Calgary - 743 km
Calgary to Fernie - 291 km
Calgary to Revy - 409 km

It all depends on how one goes. Bert is correct with regards to the driving and dealing with possible road closures.

matty7210

Reaction score
Retro Ride is at Boulder Cabin , Revelstoke on the 29. so you can show her how the sport has developed over the years.
then snowarama is on the 30.

mikey1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Booked in for two days with Trent Backus in Sicamous. Should be a great time. We went to Fernie for Alberta family day and had great time with Weir Boondocking. We were to go again but they recommended to postphone trip due to snow conditions. We couldn't reschedule so we will try Sicamous. Huge props to Weir for looking out for us to provide the best service to us. We will definitely book with the next year.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey now Bob, don't be giving that white gold info away

sent while I should be drinking tea's
Never told em how hard it rained and the best part is the groomer must have broke down. The trail up really sucked all week. Guess it only works on weekends lol.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never told em how hard it rained and the best part is the groomer must have broke down. The trail up really sucked all week. Guess it only works on weekends lol.

True I guess

Yes groomer must be weak, cause groomed last night doesn't = moguls on the way up the next day

sent while I should be drinking tea's

discotime

Reaction score
Buddy and I are looking at going somewhere this same weekend, 28 & 29th. Driving from Edmonton so will go pretty much anywhere, was planning on just checking conditions a few days before and heading wherever looks best. Although I will have to rent a sled so that may limit our options. Hadn't even thought about Fernie as an option. I'm guessing Revy will be very busy that weekend.

Top Bottom