Where to get winch spooled with synth rope

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Hey located in Beaumont and I'm lookibg for somewhere to get my winch spooled up with some synthetic line. Have you guys got it done in or around Edmonton if so who where and how much. Maybe what brand a rope dis you guys and galls go with.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't pay to have it done. It only takes 10-15 minutes start to finish. Freewheel your winch, and pull the cable out. You'll see where the cable goes into the drum, go to the back side, and pull it out using an o-ring pick or a small screwdriver. Just watch, because there is usually a small ball bearing in the crotch of the cable. Feed the rope though the same way the old cable came out. Make sure you use the bearing so that the rope doesn't pull through. If that doesn't work, just tie a knot in the rope. If that all fails, bring it down here, we'll have it done in the time it takes to drain a beer.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey located in Beaumont and I'm lookibg for somewhere to get my winch spooled up with some synthetic line. Have you guys got it done in or around Edmonton if so who where and how much. Maybe what brand a rope dis you guys and galls go with.

Pretty easy to respool a new synthetic winch line onto your quad, you could do it yourself with no problems. The line you can get off ebay pretty cheap. Keep in mind that if you plow with your quad, I wouldn't recommend the synthetic line.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
And the place to buy the rope is in Nisku. The name escapes me right now. Thinking Super slings or Certified Wire Rope.

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Don't pay to have it done. It only takes 10-15 minutes start to finish. Freewheel your winch, and pull the cable out. You'll see where the cable goes into the drum, go to the back side, and pull it out using an o-ring pick or a small screwdriver. Just watch, because there is usually a small ball bearing in the crotch of the cable. Feed the rope though the same way the old cable came out. Make sure you use the bearing so that the rope doesn't pull through. If that doesn't work, just tie a knot in the rope. If that all fails, bring it down here, we'll have it done in the time it takes to drain a beer.

X 2.......takes less than a beer to re-spool with synthetic.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i call bs lets get plio with a beer and you with the winch and see whio finishes first..:d my money is on plio just sayin lol

but yes very easy job to doo, pick up some line and do it your self.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy to respool a new synthetic winch line onto your quad, you could do it yourself with no problems. The line you can get off ebay pretty cheap. Keep in mind that if you plow with your quad, I wouldn't recommend the synthetic line.
True. I didn't know that until I put it on and did some snow plowing. The rope started to fray. Wrapped some electrician's tape around the rope for now, seems to be helping. Will keep an eye on it. Tape's cheap.

RaineMaker

Reaction score
No plowing don't want to risk getting fined for doing a good thing and Plowing my nabours driveway lol. I'm going to keep my cabel and just try out the rope had troubles with kinked cables and I like how roap lays on top of mud or floats in water just a few things wanting to make me try it out.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i call bs lets get plio with a beer and you with the winch and see whio finishes first..:d my money is on plio just sayin lol

but yes very easy job to doo, pick up some line and do it your self.

I've seen his brother drink, I won't take that bet, cause I'm sure it runs in the family.:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
If you are going from cable to rope you will need to change your roller fairlead.

How come? I can see changing it if its worn or groved out. I never changed mine on any of my machines and all is well. I usually leave the cable on them until the cable gets a little douched then replace it with synthetic.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come? I can see changing it if its worn or groved out. I never changed mine on any of my machines and all is well. I usually leave the cable on them until the cable gets a little douched then replace it with synthetic.

X2 I never changed any of mine either, just make sure there are no burrs that will ruin the rope.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is suggested to go with an aluminum or rollerless fairlead to prevent pinching or cutting of the rope between the rollers/bushing/bolts.

I guess if you aren't going to change it, just be careful with the way you winch.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How many whiskeys does it take to change a winch line?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Theunit1 now that's a good post and so
Are all these great info to know about switching. What size yall run what's the average breaking strength?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Or just wait til daylight!
Now THAT'S a whole different story :eek: may take upwards of 40oz's and definatley a full set of flashlite batteries :d

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom