Where do they go?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every friggin' year! It never fails! Finally get around to putting my deck on.....crawl all the way up to the front, which isn't easy for an old fat guy.....and one of my turnbuckles is missing! Arrrrrrrrg! Every friggin' year!

There. I feel so much better now. :D

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only now?? You almost missed the boat.....

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every friggin' year! It never fails! Finally get around to putting my deck on.....crawl all the way up to the front, which isn't easy for an old fat guy.....and one of my turnbuckles is missing! Arrrrrrrrg! Every friggin' year!

I found mine hanging from the camper tiedown. Wonder how they got there???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found mine hanging from the camper tiedown. Wonder how they got there???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's where I stole one from for the deck. Now I'll be going through this same scenario in the spring, having no idea where my turnbuckle went! :Hammer3:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just your luck eh, I'm sure you double nutted the turn buckle, even still I found a few that were loose from time to time, a mechanics creeper may help though,:beer:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Elvis steals a lot of my stuff too.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just your luck eh, I'm sure you double nutted the turn buckle, even still I found a few that were loose from time to time, a mechanics creeper may help though,:beer:

I gave up on double nuts. They were always coming loose. Now I run a tyrap through the turnbuckle back to something solid. They never move any more.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave up on turnbuckles for the same reason. Bastards keep coming loose.
I run a small chain with a hook on it and a small boomer. Problem solved.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And of course whack my head on the bottom side of the bolts that hold my Superclamp brackets. I keep meaning to cut those off. :headscratch3:

Reactions: LBZ

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

of all the things I've lost in my life, it's my mind I miss the most.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or wrench is back on tail gate, on a 8ft box

or spend ten minutes looking for the wrench you just had and find it in your back pocket.

Or give up looking for said wrench and go grab a spare only to remember that you lost it last year.

And of course whack my head on the bottom side of the bolts that hold my Superclamp brackets. I keep meaning to cut those off. :headscratch3:

Or on the rails for the ramps.

I glad to see that I'm not alone.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you get all the way to the front of the box and your practical joking girlfriend closes the tail gate on you. .. Then you hit your head on the Superclamp hooks ,

at least she know where you are then, lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

and here I thought you old guys would be organized by this point in your life! Just the same, I doo like the rant.........:p

Top Bottom