Where am I???

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, what are the front bumpers like on these things?? Doo bumbers are a little flimsy :( what about the Cat ones?

And curious if the snow elimination on the boards is good...gotta have good elimination with all the pow out here :rolleyes:

Need skis good for the pow too.....trails don't matter...as long as I can stay on them that's all I need, don't need a good ski for the trail, I'm fine with darting and bad handling as long as I can ride the steep and deep :cool:

The cat ones are tough i hit trees all the time... with no issue.
We usually do better boards before snow eliminaters but the stock ones clean out very well compared to most.... Like i said either slydog or simmons!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious ... why the front and rear to the lower mount? This won't trench more in deep snow? I currently have rear at lower mount and front rear skid spring set at very low preload (3/8 if I remember right) to minimize attack angle.

What i have found is if you lower just the rear mount it actually increases your ski pressure by quite abit. But by lowering both it works well, i did it to my 1000 and it works very well. your attack angle is a hair steeper but not alot. I have a camoplast extreme track on mine and i can run it loose enough that when my sled is lifted into the air i can actually fit my foot between the rail and track. And it has never ratcheted on me yet.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, what are the front bumpers like on these things?? Doo bumbers are a little flimsy :( what about the Cat ones?

And curious if the snow elimination on the boards is good...gotta have good elimination with all the pow out here :rolleyes:

Need skis good for the pow too.....trails don't matter...as long as I can stay on them that's all I need, don't need a good ski for the trail, I'm fine with darting and bad handling as long as I can ride the steep and deep :cool:

These sleds are tough all the way around. we have rented cats for two seasons so far and the only parts that have had to be replaced is a couple of hoods and one guy hit a rock really hard and bent a couple a-arms and shock. Havn't had to replace a bumper yet. With my personal sled (M1000) if i'm climbin and and end up gettin close to a tree or something as long it'll bend it's traction. I aint afraid to hit stuff with mine cause it'll take the abuse and just keep on rippin . As far as ski's from all the ski's i've sold for cats the powder pro's seem to be the one of choice for cats. Simmon's aren't bad but hard to steer on the trail, i've actually seen and heard of alot of guys that bought simmons for there cat takin them off and sellin them cause they didn't care for them. I dont know if there is a better ski than a simmons for on a doo though. I find the slydogs to be to flat in the front and kicks alot of snow at you and i think that there are skis that'll give alot better floatation due to the front of the ski.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cat ones are tough i hit trees all the time... with no issue.
We usually do better boards before snow eliminaters but the stock ones clean out very well compared to most.... Like i said either slydog or simmons!!

Hubby has Rob's boards on his Doo and they're awesome!
If the stock ones clean out good, then that's good for me :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hubby has Rob's boards on his Doo and they're awesome!
If the stock ones clean out good, then that's good for me :)

The stock ones work well. I've been out on days with 4ft of pow and were ever i move my feet on the boards they are clear. Farther back on the boards were i dont move my feet very often the snow will build up abit on them but front half of the board or so is usually pretty clear.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems weird to be here...I feel like I took a wrong turn somewhere :rolleyes: anyone got a map....???

BUT, this Doo girl is taking the plunge for the 2011 season and gonna set her azz on a Cat!! :eek:

T&T Powersports and Arctic Cat are putting up two rides for the Sledbetties team riders this year and I am lucky enough to be one of those gals!

I know nothing about Cats, and feel pretty informed about my Doo...I'm a research junky and read everything I can on my ride...but this came as a shocker obviously and there's been no time to learn my new ride LOL.

Feel free to offer tips and suggestions to help me get to know my ride! I'm gonna research all your threads and find what I can too...and I sure hope I'm not a doofus on it :eek:
the thingy on the right makes it go... and the thingy on the left makes it stop..other than that ...lol.enjoy!..terry is a great guy!cats are cool sleds!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad you came to the green team tam :) maybe when you get your m8 figured out you can help me w mine LOL jk.. sorta ;)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The sleds are tough (probably why they weigh a tad more then a doo). The stock boards evacuate snow very well, better then the VE tunnel I have on my M1. As far as skis go, if you ride powder, MODS can't be beat. They look a bit old school, but it is literally like having power steering on the sled, and I haven't ridden a ski that will carve and hold a sidehill like the MODS. SLP Powder Pros do work well, but they steer "heavier" For what it's worth, my wife got her pick for skis, and she wont have a sled without MODS. I won't in the future either, but it's hard to justify another new set of skis when I've bought and sold 6 different pairs...

Top Bottom