When is everyone's first sled trip planned

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering when everyone starts heading to Mcbride or Valemont for their first ride of the year?

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
revelstoke ...staying at the Hillcrest Resort December 21-26...I am hoping to be out before that but that is the most formal plans..

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First weekend in Dec ...Sicamous snow permitting,,,,,Revy if no snow in sicamous.How bout you snowseeker?
catmando!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone, New years... Not the first trip, but the first sled holiday of the year. :) Can't wait. We ride outside of the park (the Park is for tourists, the Park sucks, we don't even go near it). Idaho and Wyoming is where all the trails and the killer riding is. :d

old pic, sorry.

Attachments

• 2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0043.jpg
    2008_0207MaxxYellowstone0043.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 31

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nov 7th at Sicamous but will most likely end up at Frisby in Revy like last year for day #1 So I guess thet would make about 30 more sleeps from now, weather better buck up!!:i_need_snow:

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone, New years... Not the first trip, but the first sled holiday of the year. :) Can't wait. We ride outside of the park (the Park is for tourists, the Park sucks, we don't even go near it). Idaho and Wyoming is where all the trails and the killer riding is. :d

old pic, sorry.

You ever go up by the lions head?

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah... one of our best days last year was Lion's Head. Piles of snow last year as well. You go to West Yellowstone often?

Yup, Bout every other weekend give or take :d:d if you go down to the west yellowstone section in the riding area's i've put some pics on it, How much do you go their?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somewhere around the end on Nov, first week in Dec, i dont plan very far ahead, i just let mother nature decide.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when is usually enough snow in the Mcbride Valemont area to go? My dad bought a new sled and wants to get out to the mountains for his first trip.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
The boys start riding almost anytime after November 1st depending upon the snow. Barry and Rod are going up Lucille this weekend. Pulling the sleds on the trailer with the RZR and then unloading to go play. Will post pictures.

Alot of snow up top over the last three days. They figure there's about a foot or so at Lucille Cabin. Will let you know.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Nov 17-19 weather permitting to Revelstoke, earliest planned trip yet but I have talked to a few guys that go every year on the Nov long weekend and have fantastic conditions, thought we would try it.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, Bout every other weekend give or take :d:d if you go down to the west yellowstone section in the riding area's i've put some pics on it, How much do you go their?

I'll check out your pics... we go down at least once a year... wish it could be more... $$$??? West Yellowstone is an awesome place to have a sledding holiday, You're very lucky to have such easy access to it :d:d

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Mcbride Nov 20th. This is Renshaw just up from cabin last year in mid Nov.

Let it snow!:clap2:

Attachments

• Boondocking Nitro 1.jpg
    Boondocking Nitro 1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Snowy Nitro.jpg
    Snowy Nitro.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom