When cops have a ego

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
i find when i keep my mouth closed and say helllo officer how are you today, have a good day officer, they lay off the excessive tickets. weird

I'm guessing that Trent isn't with you...lol

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another curious thing that I've found is that a stock appearing truck in good repair and loaded correctly, being driven responsibly does not get pulled over very often. Crazy, huh??

Nor should a lifted truck in good repair, loaded properly and driven responsibly get pulled over very often either........

Reactions: krr

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find when i keep my mouth closed and say helllo officer how are you today, have a good day officer, they lay off the excessive tickets. weird

I could confidently say he probably didnt start off being an a$$hole to the cop, hes not that kind of guy, but id find it pretty hard to be nice after he pulled some $hit like getting him to strip tint with no warning first on the side of the road

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could confidently say he probably didnt start off being an a$$hole to the cop, hes not that kind of guy, but id find it pretty hard to be nice after he pulled some $hit like getting him to strip tint with no warning first on the side of the road

ya i wasnt really directing that towards the OP. dont know him, seen him around vale lots sure hes a nice guy. just in general when i was a bit younger i was a lippy mofo and it cost me alot of money. LOL.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another curious thing that I've found is that a stock appearing truck in good repair and loaded correctly, being driven responsibly does not get pulled over very often. Crazy, huh??

would that appy also to a half ton with 2 sleds on a deck, pulling a 28 ft trailer?

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i wasnt really directing that towards the OP. dont know him, seen him around vale lots sure hes a nice guy. just in general when i was a bit younger i was a lippy mofo and it cost me alot of money. LOL.

Ya i was a bit as well when i was 18ish to 20, but now i just say the smart things lol :)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how all you jump all over the guy instantly saying all sorts of trash like little man syndrome, huge ego..... etc etc etc. First of all I know Ive maybe checked my breakaway a handful of times my whole life. Generally beginning of the season wether it be camping or sledding season and that is all, secondly none of you even know who this guy is and if you did you may be changing your tone a bit, hes not the typical lifted truck driving douchebag from the "MAC". I actually met him this past weekend in Valemount and rode with him a bit. Hes not little man, hes not a huge ego driven clown, hes not a young punk by any means, hes just a guy that thought I like the look of those trucks and Im in the position to buy one so Im gonna buy what I want.... simple, dont jump all over a guy because he can get a truck built like that and you can't or maybe you can and just choose not to..... thats a persons decision..... blah blah blah. The tint thing is a joke, cop needs to get a real job. Everyone talks ego here and your defending a cop........? Last I checked most "cops" are the ego driven clowns, most were bullies in high school and never went nowhere and when they see the people they grey up with doing good and they cant hassle them anymore they think how can I still have power over them...... take a few months training and whaala they become a cop. What a joke. As for the breakaway, ok it doesnt work, doesn't mean he should be impounded for it. Have him get it fixed and have to show proof at a later date, seems more like a sensible solution than to throw the book at him...... Anyway off topic....... F650, did you get your sled problems figured out, did that bolt thread in, was your jackshaft ok?

I agree!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how all you jump all over the guy instantly saying all sorts of trash like little man syndrome, huge ego..... etc etc etc. First of all I know Ive maybe checked my breakaway a handful of times my whole life. Generally beginning of the season wether it be camping or sledding season and that is all, secondly none of you even know who this guy is and if you did you may be changing your tone a bit, hes not the typical lifted truck driving douchebag from the "MAC". I actually met him this past weekend in Valemount and rode with him a bit. Hes not little man, hes not a huge ego driven clown, hes not a young punk by any means, hes just a guy that thought I like the look of those trucks and Im in the position to buy one so Im gonna buy what I want.... simple, dont jump all over a guy because he can get a truck built like that and you can't or maybe you can and just choose not to..... thats a persons decision..... blah blah blah. The tint thing is a joke, cop needs to get a real job. Everyone talks ego here and your defending a cop........? Last I checked most "cops" are the ego driven clowns, most were bullies in high school and never went nowhere and when they see the people they grey up with doing good and they cant hassle them anymore they think how can I still have power over them...... take a few months training and whaala they become a cop. What a joke. As for the breakaway, ok it doesnt work, doesn't mean he should be impounded for it. Have him get it fixed and have to show proof at a later date, seems more like a sensible solution than to throw the book at him...... Anyway off topic....... F650, did you get your sled problems figured out, did that bolt thread in, was your jackshaft ok?

Ok lets go at this again, im not saying the guy is a douche or not, little man or not or any of those things, PERIOD! I don't agree 100% with the tint BS as there is far more worse things to nail him on like the (THE TRAILER BRAKES), say the cop gives him a break on the ticket for it and say to just get it fixed like you mentioned, now we all know he's driving a "Lifted" F650 which you could park a small car under and a regular sled trailer which Im sure isn't lifted so im betting theres at least a 12" and more drop hitch on the truck which is a weak point to begin with and 20 miles down the road that hitch fails and the trailer takes off over the center line cause it has no e brakes and takes out a family. How is that guy and cop, who more then likely is going to be a first responder at that accident scene feel?

Tiny pro-x

Reaction score
So what if he had a Two place sled with no brakes on the axle and hitch breaks crosses the and kills someone what then. Tinted windows in Ontario is good my truck back all had tint and got pulled over lots and cops never said a thing even when I give them a time going though Ride Checks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what if he had a Two place sled with no brakes on the axle and hitch breaks crosses the and kills someone what then. Tinted windows in Ontario is good my truck back all had tint and got pulled over lots and cops never said a thing even when I give them a time going though Ride Checks

totally possible, but chances are less likely of a fatality just due to pure weight and size. but again, totally possible.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Making someone take tint off their vehicle on the side of the road, is pretty bush league. Regardless of chirping off, etc, the same result could have been achieved, with having him provide proof to a police officer in several days that the tint was taken off, etc. Just my two cents.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

guy did that to a friend of mine, the cop walked up opened the door and scraped his tint up. My friend had of those get out of jail free cards and the guy just crumpled it up. It was august long weekend at Candle lake, it was once on the kokanee box for top 10 things to do in summer so you know how that weekend probably goes.

funny thing is i walked by with a open beer in the ditch when this was happening and gave a salute with my beer can as i walked by.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok lets go at this again, im not saying the guy is a douche or not, little man or not or any of those things, PERIOD! I don't agree 100% with the tint BS as there is far more worse things to nail him on like the (THE TRAILER BRAKES), say the cop gives him a break on the ticket for it and say to just get it fixed like you mentioned, now we all know he's driving a "Lifted" F650 which you could park a small car under and a regular sled trailer which Im sure isn't lifted so im betting theres at least a 12" and more drop hitch on the truck which is a weak point to begin with and 20 miles down the road that hitch fails and the trailer takes off over the center line cause it has no e brakes and takes out a family. How is that guy and cop, who more then likely is going to be a first responder at that accident scene feel?

Lots of trailers out there without a breakaway feature loaded to the nuts, and the exact same thing can happen to those trailers, ya the trailer may be a bit lighter but have seen plenty of "two place " flat deck trailers with more than two sleds on them, so they are overloaded, something happens to that trailer and goes on a run away it will have the same result

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of trailers out there without a breakaway feature loaded to the nuts, and the exact same thing can happen to those trailers, ya the trailer may be a bit lighter but have seen plenty of "two place " flat deck trailers with more than two sleds on them, so they are overloaded, something happens to that trailer and goes on a run away it will have the same result

Yes you are correct but were not talking about those, where talking about a trailer that has this particular safety feature and that's what the cop picked up on, its cut and dry.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
so true. 2500$ later i know my trailer is now up to snuff and eeverything working. its a 2008 with low miles and it needed alot of work. that tells me theres alot of newish rigs out there probly due for a service. i was suprised how quick these components fail being on the slushy salty roads and sitting for long periods of time in the summer

dont lie..... We both saw that lightning bolt of arcing wires last weekend.

Top Bottom