When cops have a ego

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Lol!! Unrelated to brakes fortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

And stop talking like you DONT lip off cops..... You blew through a checkstop.... with your parents in the truck.... Then when they pulled you over you basically told them.. "its not my fault your checkstop sucks"... then he made you get out of the truck and walk around behind it... "I didnt want to yell at you in front of your mom" he said. LOL! I heard ALL THAT.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One can argue the positives and negatives of window tinting and the logic of trailer brakes required on some trailers and not on others but you are wasting your time unless you are making those arguments to your local MLA or MNA in Quebec as Highway Traffic Acts are Provinicial jurisdiction. The fact of the matter is if it is against the law, whether illogical or not, unless you can get the law changed there may be consequences for breaking that law. Just because something is not enforced in one Province does not mean it is not actively enforced in another as every police force has their priorities based on problems they encounter in each their own jurisdiction so it is not neccesarily a single cop being a dick. Thanks to the internet you can look at all the rules that might affect you in any given Province and talking to people or looking at online forums will give you an idea of how seriously they take the enforcement in any given jurisidiction. From my personal experience it appears at least in the eastern side of the Province of BC they take rules of the road very seriously and, unlike Alberta, there is a very good chance you will be stopped on a trip there and they will check you out very thoroughly particularly if you are towing a trailer of any type. Know the rules where you are going, do not assume that levels of enforcement are the same between provinces and if you do end up in an awkward situation suck it up as you were breaking a law and the cop, dick or not, was doing his job. No right or wrong those are just the cold, hard facts.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
One can argue the positives and negatives of window tinting and the logic of trailer brakes required on some trailers and not on others but you are wasting your time unless you are making those arguments to your local MLA or MNA in Quebec as Highway Traffic Acts are Provinicial jurisdiction. The fact of the matter is if it is against the law, whether illogical or not, unless you can get the law changed there may be consequences for breaking that law. Just because something is not enforced in one Province does not mean it is not actively enforced in another as every police force has their priorities based on problems they encounter in each their own jurisdiction so it is not neccesarily a single cop being a dick. Thanks to the internet you can look at all the rules that might affect you in any given Province and talking to people or looking at online forums will give you an idea of how seriously they take the enforcement in any given jurisidiction. From my personal experience it appears at least in the western side of the Province of BC they take rules of the road very seriously and, unlike Alberta, there is a very good chance you will be stopped on a trip there and they will check you out very thoroughly particularly if you are towing a trailer of any type. Know the rules where you are going, do not assume that levels of enforcement are the same between provinces and if you do end up in an awkward situation suck it up as you were breaking a law and the cop, dick or not, was doing his job. No right or wrong those are just the cold, hard facts.

Roy said the D word... twice!

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And stop talking like you DONT lip off cops..... You blew through a checkstop.... with your parents in the truck.... Then when they pulled you over you basically told them.. "its not my fault your checkstop sucks"... then he made you get out of the truck and walk around behind it... "I didnt want to yell at you in front of your mom" he said. LOL! I heard ALL THAT.

You neglected to mention that we did not get a ticket for anything and it may have been because you were sitting in the passenger seat wearing a pink ladies toque and they likely did not want to be seen to be picking on us becuase of the what they deemed to be the sexual orientation of one of the vehicle occupants.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You neglected to mention that we did not get a ticket for anything and it may have been because you were sitting in the passenger seat wearing a pink ladies toque and they likely did not want to be seen to be picking on us becuase of the what they deemed to be the sexual orientation of one of the vehicle occupants.

Yet... I feel most comfortable staying at your cabin over ANYWHERE else......

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what if he had a Two place sled with no brakes on the axle and hitch breaks crosses the and kills someone what then. Tinted windows in Ontario is good my truck back all had tint and got pulled over lots and cops never said a thing even when I give them a time going though Ride Checks

Any hody else find this kind of hard to read? Lol

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Top Bottom