what's up with Arctic Cat... outlook doesn't look great?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are the Cessna of the snow. Good old reliable trustworthy beaters that never change a thing. They've got that market cornered forsure LOL. Vibrate your face off your head, power is less than exhilarating. and You can use all your parts from the last 22 years.

finally, an opinion that means something to the rest of us!!!!!

up till now its been total bull****!!!

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish the latter was true, then I would have some use for all my old m series parts

they are the Cessna of the snow. Good old reliable trustworthy beaters that never change a thing. They've got that market cornered forsure LOL. Vibrate your face off your head, power is less than exhilarating. and You can use all your parts from the last 22 years.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that’s 20 mins of reading since I last looked in here lol, who gives a $hit, the new cat sleds rip and hopefully things get better in a year or two. As for there snowmobile engine has no power and they need an 850 to get market share??????? Cmon get real, the ctec 800 lays a beating on any 850 doo I ride with or is right beside it on the ones that work good and don’t shred belts and well the Polaris 850 was almost as big of a flop as their 900 experiment in the mid 2000’s. I never even got to see one of those unicorns last year at all as most never made it to the alpine without having issues. I’d say cat will be just fine

Go to page 76ish of the AC Alpha section and you can watch the CTEC Alpha lay some smack on the doo 850 three in a row.
The Doo's archaic rear skid, brutal attack angle and spot on clutching really shine in the uphill drag race videos......lol
850 is only all powerful on the dyno and advertising- it' s OK but nothing special on the hill.
I agree on Cat sticking around.....to many fear mongers.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if Cat brought out a 850 in place of their 800 would the Cat faithful buy them or just whine that they lost their beloved 800? I believe Cat may need the marketing hype a 850 would give them even if their 800 does stomp on the 850 e-tec. It is not all about performance it's often about keeping up or leading the changes in the industry.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if Cat brought out a 850 in place of their 800 would the Cat faithful buy them or just whine that they lost their beloved 800? I believe Cat may need the marketing hype a 850 would give them even if their 800 does stomp on the 850 e-tec. It is not all about performance it's often about keeping up or leading the changes in the industry.

Hell ya I would by the Cat 850.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Two things-
1. Cat had a 900 some 15 years ago. 850.....big deal. Whatevs.
2. I need credit for my long ash post/reasons about Cat not going under. I’d like to point out that I have no connection at the Cat factory and my info was just what made sense to me. I need likes for self validation. I have 400 total likes to date. Please validate my existence and get me to 1000 likes.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can only blame Arctic Cat for not communicating to the media properly. These rumours didn't start on a chat forum, they came from another source. Im also glad to hear that they are sticking around sure hope that the one maybe two new sleds makes a difference.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two things-
1. Cat had a 900 some 15 years ago. 850.....big deal. Whatevs.
2. I need credit for my long ash post/reasons about Cat not going under. I’d like to point out that I have no connection at the Cat factory and my info was just what made sense to me. I need likes for self validation. I have 400 total likes to date. Please validate my existence and get me to 1000 likes.

A 900 that was only an 860 pushing 150hp. Granted the bottom ends were stout, the 850s we have now make way better power and are a hell of a lot easier to pull over.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I think Kane just tried some of his new batch. No wait times for the 2 motors we did at our store. but.....thanks for trying. Lol
That’s only because they are currently producing the 850 engines for the g4’s. Once a new motor is introduced and the plant switches over to a new motor............here comes dwindling 850 engine stock. It’s impossible for Brp to forecast how many replacement engines are needed and they gonna need a lot. The’re not gonna want to build and store outdated 850 engines from 2021-2034 when the last G4’s are 4 years old and have a ten year life left. I believe there may be a big 850 engine wait come 2025 or 2026. Currently the dumbasses are too busy making three separate sled runs this year. Awesome business decision Brp. Genius, just freakin genius.

In other news, Mr. Bipolar Kanedog sez-Yes! I have tried my new batch! It’s wicked. It’s so frickin’ powerful I’m completely dazed the next day. That’s not always good. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I gotta switch to another strain. I could smoke less but it kinda like a sled that engages at 6000 rpm. Ya can’t really feather it and it’s either on or off. That’s what smoking this batch is like. Oh yea! Well, kinda.

In other news-mufk’ing Textron stock is up 10% since I said I should buy some and I still didn’t after 2 chances. I’ma quit smokin’ this batch. I’m not really into stocks but dang this was a good call.

Last edited:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 strokes are for pussies.

16122894_1406195976080811_7097434693590581248_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom