Whats a decent 2nd sled for the prairies?

Brojoe

Reaction score
Looking for a decent sled for around the prairies. I have a mtn sled that stays out west, so I would like to have something around home in case I want to head out the odd day.
I don't want to break the bank either. Would like to stay in the 5-6 range if possible. I am looking at a 2007 Crossfire 1000.
Any other ideas?

Reactions: RXN

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a decent sled for around the prairies. I have a mtn sled that stays out west, so I would like to have something around home in case I want to head out the odd day.
I don't want to break the bank either. Would like to stay in the 5-6 range if possible. I am looking at a 2007 Crossfire 1000.
Any other ideas?
Any crossover sled would probably do you well. Crossfire, assault or renegade.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CrossFire way to go. I have 2 of them. Best sleds I've owned so far. Ones an 800cc the other 1000cc.

Have you considered the older Phazers?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I really enjoy my 2005 and 2006 SnoPro 440's, one has the stock 440, and the other a 600efi. Extremely light, 1 3/4" track and a good suspension! You could look at the newer model snopro's that come with a 600 and are trail friendly.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 66 year old dad has a 09 f8 for on trail and just got a new 2011 f8 ext for off trail. He loves the 800 ho motor. Ive driven the 09 f8 and its nice and comfy but that rips saw on it is a chunking off pos and terrible on anything but hard pack. He says that ext with the 144 cobra is unreal, best of both worlds.

Lots of them new out of crates around.

nany387

Reaction score
I don't want to break the bank either. Would like to stay in the 5-6 range if possible. I am looking at a 2007 Crossfire 1000. go for a crossfire best sled out their i say with a 144 and 2.25 you wont get stuck but your not hauling a long long track around like you would be doing if you had a mountain sled

Megrizzly

Reaction score
X2 on the crossfire. Change out the ripsaw for a 1.75 and you've got a do all sled for the prairies. Put on a fuel can and some scratchers and you can now rip down the trail, play in the snow, or do whatever. You may not be able to do everything a mountain sled will do, but rider skill will put you anywhere you want to go.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the crossfire, find a 2010 and up for the ho motor, good 50/50 sled. Doesn't take much to setup for flatland or the hills, parts are easy to come buy and still an easy sled to work on. When shopping used specific things to check on the cats is the diamond drive (look for shavings in fluid check bearings) primary clutch (check spider for cracks as well as the spring) reeds ( look for chipping on pedals) steering post (check amount of slop at post bushing) oil tank ( check the cap, oil neck is known to warp or distort) I think that covers the specific things to look over on these. Keep doing your research and try one before you buy one.

Top Bottom