What to see and do?

gusgus

Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first trip out to western Canada, I'll be heading to Revy April 3rd for a week. Still looking into which airport to fly into from Ottawa (Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna?) and rent some wheels. ( rent a truck or car?)
Sled rental will be from Mark Shaede.

My vacation comes once every 2 yrs, was wondering the sites to see and not miss, will be here till the 9th.

All info an input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Flying into Kamloops or Kelowna will shave about 2 hrs. from your drive, and the hwy. will be better if it is snowing.
Here is the what to do and see page for Revy.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go out on the town for the night . first zalas for dinner, then zalas has a limo to take down town [ a must and make sure ya tip the driver cause hes very cool ] then see mittens dancing at one of the many bars ... its too much fun :d:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go out on the town for the night . first zalas for dinner, then zalas has a limo to take down town [ a must and make sure ya tip the driver cause hes very cool ] then see mittens dancing at one of the many bars ... its too much fun :d:d
Hahaha...is Sharon still out doin' the single dance? Missed her last trip. I did notice that the Regent is a boarder/skiier bar now...not a sledder hang-out. Ended up sitting in that sports-pub for a few.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i didn't see her last time either.... things have changed down town thats forsure..... friggin plankers

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head South of Revy and go to Halciun Hotsprings.

Short drive and a cool ferry ride.

Flying into Kamloops or Kelowna will shave about 2 hrs. from your drive, and the hwy. will be better if it is snowing.
Here is the what to do and see page for Revy.

What they said. If you have time, the Revelstoke Dam Water/Electric Plant north of Revy is a kinda cool thing to go see. They have tours......not sure on times though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on our way to and from we make sure we soot as many plankers as possible....

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first trip out to western Canada, I'll be heading to Revy April 3rd for a week. Still looking into which airport to fly into from Ottawa (Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna?) and rent some wheels. ( rent a truck or car?)
Sled rental will be from Mark Shaede.

My vacation comes once every 2 yrs, was wondering the sites to see and not miss, will be here till the 9th.

All info an input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dean
Roads will be good that time of year. I fly a lot and can drive to Calgary a lot quicker than the connections out of Kelowna. Gets me where I am going a lot faster due to connections. Airport to Revy is 2.5 hr from Kelowna and 4.5 hr from Calgary. For example I am heading to Jackson Hole next week and can just blast over to Calgary and save a day vs. the 2 hrs. You don't have to clear customs so maybe Kelowna will work for you. If you are renting from Mark maybe get him to guide you. Knows his stuff and will make your ride fun.
If you ski RMR has world class terrain and is worth it. Mustang Powder can show you some awsome stuff as well.

Top Bottom