What to do to your new t3 right away?

westhawk39

Reaction score
Is the cold start reflash specific to 2015? My 2012 and many other I have read about are impossible to pull start in -25 or colder

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the cold start reflash specific to 2015? My 2012 and many other I have read about are impossible to pull start in -25 or colder

Not 100% sure but I think it's 15s only. I believe the issue was plugs fouling when its cold. I'm not a doo owner though so my info may be faulty

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey awsome buy you will love this sled. Glad to here your taking her to the mountains she's not a trail sled. I installed the idlers in the forward position when my 174 was new and I had to change my sliders at 500km. I installed the ski scratchers now and it not only does it solve the slider problem but it also cools the engine on the low snow trails to the mountain. Don't listen to the naesayers. Whatt this machine will do in deep snow is nothing short of phenomenal. Those who dis it must be trail or cabin warriors. If this sled doesn't make your adrenaline flow on a steep pull in deep powder. Time to take up chess

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I started my 2013 800 etec in -26C on three occasions. Was tough to pull over and wasn't a first-pull start, but it went.

cedarpoint

Reaction score
The t T3 is a mountain sled not a trail sled . There is nothing stock out of the box that can touch them in deep snow. The best mountain sled ever.

dbest

Reaction score
The t T3 is a mountain sled not a trail sled . There is nothing stock out of the box that can touch them in deep snow. The best mountain sled ever.

That is exactly how I see the T3 as well. The first sled I have loved just the way it is. I put a vent kit on, the Thing can and ride it!

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride hard in deep snow all day. You will be looking for fuel. Cooks perogies like a champ on those days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group usually gets on the hill by 9:30 and ride all day (no cabin stops) and down to the trailers by 4 pm and I have never had to use my can on etec. Not even on my t3 in break in mode. I don't ride easy either. But saying that I carry a doo can just in case. Doesn't hurt to have one! I also bought the doo bag and love it!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the day. I burnt a full tank on my T3 in 2 hours one day, deep snow. Wish I would have brought 2 jerry cans.

Last week in marginal snow we hit the mountain at 11am, had a Cabin stop,, at 7pm..lol Then ran out of gas 5miles from the truck.

Baaaawh,,, i should go for a ride now.

Top Bottom