T3 174 Basic Suspension Set Up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will likely add them, was told by a couple guys with the heavy springs the spacers are not needed, will have everything else done and set up except the spacers , if it works for me without the spacers I will save 80 bucks. Should have done them both I guess .
Use the stock springs with the spacers

Look at how crooked the springs sit without them

You don't need the big boy springs with the spacers, still run 4-5 with spacers

Where big boy springs be at 2-3 with spacers

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use the stock springs with the spacers

Look at how crooked the springs sit without them

You don't need the big boy springs with the spacers, still run 4-5 with spacers

Where big boy springs be at 2-3 with spacers

Already put in the big springs, spacers will be an easy add on , again thx for your input .
Looking forward to my next ride

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 174 is not known to be very playful. I had to lengthen the limiter out one hole and readjust the the center shock spring preload to compensate. Increasing the center shock preload will help with deep snow starts.
I advise to go easy on this increase, get to too firm and your sled will start to feel likes is pivoting on the front of the suspension.

Try staggering the torsion spring settings as well.
Im 190 with gear but ran one stiffer torsion spring and ran the lighter on on 4 and the stiffer on 3.

Also refer to the owners manual for suspension setup explanations, alot of different opinions on here and the manual actually has pretty decent troubleshooting guides. If you dont have a owners manual, skidoo has them on their website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom