What sled mods are you doing?

Hylode

Reaction score
When I get it together , I guess I will have to take a Rip down the neighbours lawn and see how it works , if you hear shot's don't worry it's just my nieghbour and he is a Cop :d BTW he thinks all of us a crazy :d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
99summitx, been as while since I've seen you on the site.
That little upgrade will make a difference to your summit for sure...if you can find the track "do it". Will be the best investment you make, Keep us informed.
Well havn't been on for a while but just rolled the sled out to the middle of the garage for a teardown, bumpin the old 670X up to a whoppin 683X a whole 1mil overbore. If I can find a 151" track I may slide suspension back and swap out the 144" also. That's about it this summer. What got me goin was the fresh snow on the mountains on Friday morn in Calgary. Days getting shorter, 4 mths and counting.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the clutches cleaned out this past weekend on both sleds. Only 3 cans of Brakleen this year.. Still have to put together the new pieces of my footwell (hit a tree) and thinking about SLP single pipe and some reeds.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rucky have you thought about putting an slp intake kit on? And i know several of my budds that run the slp on there rmk's and they really like them..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rucky have you thought about putting an slp intake kit on? And i know several of my budds that run the slp on there rmk's and they really like them..

Didn't think there was an intake for the older wedge styles... Mine is a 98...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey glen, can you sugest any mods for a 2000 rmk 800?, i already have twin slp's

Thats the edge chasis right.. I cant remember exactly what year was the first year of it. But reeds are good, intake, and nos works well.. Track maybe, depending on what you want and what you have.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the gen 2

Ahh ayh.. The motor is the same in most of them with just minor changes.. All the types of mods work well on most all of them.. One thing to look at is a lightweight hood.. They are Fairly inexpensive and shave a fair bit of weight.. If you PM intimidator (under pure addiction) they might still have some that they'd give you a good deal on.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh ayh.. The motor is the same in most of them with just minor changes.. All the types of mods work well on most all of them.. One thing to look at is a lightweight hood.. They are Fairly inexpensive and shave a fair bit of weight.. If you PM intimidator (under pure addiction) they might still have some that they'd give you a good deal on.
WOW sled shops helping each other......Good on you..gg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well havn't been on for a while but just rolled the sled out to the middle of the garage for a teardown, bumpin the old 670X up to a whoppin 683X a whole 1mil overbore. If I can find a 151" track I may slide suspension back and swap out the 144" also. That's about it this summer. What got me goin was the fresh snow on the mountains on Friday morn in Calgary. Days getting shorter, 4 mths and counting.

I have a 2004 summit, that I will be parting out or selling complete, it has a 151 track I am not sure if it will fit? will the 800 H.O. fit? skip the 683 and drop in the 800 HO. I will give ya a good deal on complete sled then I wont have to tear it down. engine has only 1400miles and ran great before the tree. and it was still running after tree.lol
let me know

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 summit, that I will be parting out or selling complete, it has a 151 track I am not sure if it will fit? will the 800 H.O. fit? skip the 683 and drop in the 800 HO. I will give ya a good deal on complete sled then I wont have to tear it down. engine has only 1400miles and ran great before the tree. and it was still running after tree.lol
let me know

I PM'd you Shawn, and no the engine won't fit in the s chassis without a lot of modding. But the track we may be able to work out a deal and I have the tools to get it out...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I PM'd you Shawn, and no the engine won't fit in the s chassis without a lot of modding. But the track we may be able to work out a deal and I have the tools to get it out...

Just a question here.. Why wont the 800 fit into an s chasis? We put triple's into them.. This past year we put a 1740 triple into an s chasis, so i'm not sure why it wont fit.. It just might take a little bit of work to line up.. If you know q few tricks that is actually alor easier than it sounds.. So yah it can be done.. *)) in s chasis not that hard.. If want more info just PM me..

Top Bottom