What sled mods are you doing?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always room for improvement on the clutching especially if its still on the factory setup. And yes the reeds make huge improvements in throttle response and fuel mileage over the stock reeds.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i would think that would be something i would do. The sled is going in here next week for a annual check up. i will see how it comes out. With 1600km on it i fear that i won't make it out of there with a set of plugs.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty anal about things like that. Ask catman or sledbunny how anal i am. It has always paid off. preventive matainence is a must and i do that type of work for a living so i see the benifets all the time. a set of v-force reeds it is and some clutching

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im a firm believer in regular maintanence even so much as spit polished after every trip, clutches tore down cleaned,lubed after EVERY trip aswell. May sound stupid but i think if things are clean they ALWAYS work better:D

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm the same way. it makes a sled trip go that much nicer. it really only takes like three or four beer to get the peice of mind. Its started to turn into a pre trip tradition for the boys

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Put the mud flab back on yesterday that I ripped of in Trout lake and did a little repair to the hood from a small crack.
Before it hits the hills this winter the seat will be getting a "raise" and recovered...now it's back to boating...lol

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
did you stitch the hood or use another method i have a real bad crack on the hood of my powder special and was hoping a better fix was to be had

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Mine is a Poly that I bought from Rory, I have drilled a hole where the crack is (as per Rory's suggestion). I'm probably going to add a piece in behind the crack and rivet it for security.

My sleds go into storage middle of next week.

did you stitch the hood or use another method i have a real bad crack on the hood of my powder special and was hoping a better fix was to be had

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Mine is a Poly that I bought from Rory, I have drilled a hole where the crack is (as per Rory's suggestion). I'm probably going to add a piece in behind the crack and rivet it for security.

My sleds go into storage middle of next week.

pics buddy i am a visual person. or i can stop by next week and look for myself..lol

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some pretty amazing glues/ epoxys out there now that are strong and sand and paint up nice. The drilling the small hole works great, did it to my old summit and the crack stopped spreading, along with the epoxy.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics buddy i am a visual person. or i can stop by next week and look for myself..lol

The biggest improvement you can make to your sled is by putting a secondary clutch kit on it. Also if you are looking at changing your exhaust and ride alot in the mountains in my personal opinion i'd put on a single pipe. Have installed quite a few this past winter and everyone was really happy with the result. We had a guy with twin jaws on an M7 and he hated them in the hills, he said they worked good down here though.. Twins can work in the hills but they are just alot more finiky.. There is lot's you can do to make good power out of that M8..
My tow cents..:twocents:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might put the 50 hp nozzles in so the muff pot warms up faster, the 30 hp nozzles didn't get the chicken and sausage up to temp fast enough.:D

My King Cat has just about every mod I need already installed. It will get some grease, a good check up, a new chain(every year or 700 miles whichever comes first), clutches cleaned and some new springs if needed. Seat restitched(Boss).

Replace throttle lever, bent steering post, console plastic and maybe a footwell from the hole I fell in on the last trip of the year:rolleyes:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to make the seat higher, not suure if i will tackle this on my o or take it in.
Possibly a left hand throttle.
Thinking about porting the track.
New skies
Maybe extend it out little

Wait maybe my mod should be a whole new sled!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZR:
Ceramic coat pipe and Y.
Steering bushing kit.
Rear tunnel and bumper mods.
Rear 2 wheel mod.
Head work.
New secondary rollers.
More custom seat mods.
BIG primary spring (racing).
New pistons and rings.
Usual maintenance items and a good polishing.
Maybe gun drilled chromoly shafts.
Dyno testing.

Crossfire:
Rear 2 wheel mod with 8" idlers.
Change primary spider shim setup.
Rear tunnel mods.
Maybe custom paint or graphics.
Grass test new clutch setup.
New Diamond Drive bearings (better ones!)

Ask me again next week...list keeps growing.

I love summer parts shopping.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that its summer most people have put there sled away for the season, but some have started taking them apart, cleaning them and doing repairs and upgrades. What are you doing to your sled this summer?

You should all know what Im doing, building a Nytro Turbo.

Rknight111... well... if I had your money I might build myself self a turbo as well :d:d. My mods include adding stabilizer to the fuel tank, washing the spring mudd off the skid, taking out the mouldy beverage cans from the seat storage compartment and maybe wipping off the salty misty crud from the last trip. Thanks for the reminder... it's already July and I should get on it. :rolleyes:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZR:
Ceramic coat pipe and Y.
Steering bushing kit.
Rear tunnel and bumper mods.
Rear 2 wheel mod.
Head work.
New secondary rollers.
More custom seat mods.
BIG primary spring (racing).
New pistons and rings.
Usual maintenance items and a good polishing.
Maybe gun drilled chromoly shafts.
Dyno testing.

Crossfire:
Rear 2 wheel mod with 8" idlers.
Change primary spider shim setup.
Rear tunnel mods.
Maybe custom paint or graphics.
Grass test new clutch setup.
New Diamond Drive bearings (better ones!)

Ask me again next week...list keeps growing.

I love summer parts shopping.

Zrrr... thats quite the list :) When do you find the time :rolleyes: Whats the issue with the stock DD bearings? Have'nt heard of any issues with the oem parts.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
My mods include adding stabilizer to the fuel tank, washing the spring mudd off the skid, taking out the mouldy beverage cans from the seat storage compartment and maybe wipping off the salty misty crud from the last trip. Thanks for the reminder... it's already July and I should get on it. :rolleyes:

The most important mods .... Ride on ! & thks to U also for the refresher !:beer::)

Top Bottom