What sled mods are you doing?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Now that its summer most people have put there sled away for the season, but some have started taking them apart, cleaning them and doing repairs and upgrades. What are you doing to your sled this summer?

You should all know what Im doing, building a Nytro Turbo.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Giving my sled a diet. and also trying to give the engine a little extra but i'm still on the fence as to what. Help fellas

G

Guest1

Now That Its Summer Most People Have Put There Sled Away For The Season, But Some Have Started Taking Them Apart, Cleaning Them And Doing Repairs And Upgrades. What Are You Doing To Your Sled This Summer?

None...Winter Sucks!!! Got Rental

OVER!!!

ps...What is wrong with this site...I quoted your post Knight and it CAPPED the 1st letter of each word?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
its a 08 efi sled. Don't want to do any major mods. so long as it won't effect reliability.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws twins,boondocker box,good set of reeds should wake it up a little;)

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i have a jaws can on it. About the boondocker. I am under the impression it takes time to set it up properly. What is a boondocker and what excatly does it do. Be very specific

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boondocker is a fuel management system that piggy backs your stock efi setup. It plugs into your injector harness(inline) so that you can fine tune your fuel delivery at various rpm ranges. You can also buy it NOS ready if you ever decide to use nos. It controls what rpm the nos is delivered and shut off at and for how long it is delivered. It does take a little bit of tuning to setup, but the rewards can be quite substantial even on stock sleds as the stock fuel maps are usually full of fat and lean spots.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
sounds like something that i would be intersted in post warranty. I really like the idea of a solid worry free sled for the duration of that time. I have the 4 year warranty and would like to keep it in check.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough,that being said I would concentrate then on shaving weight from the machine and forget about engine mods till 2012. So much as changing the foam on the air box seems to VOID warranty these days.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
yeah seems that way. But i may have already done something to void it. I can't see the can or pipes making that much of a difference. The vent kit and maybe the underside foam removal. The intake is also another change but i've been reading about it woith mixed reveiws

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The can NO they pretty much only shave weight. The pipes however are a PROVEN performance enhancer, they have been for many years. As far as the boondocker goes it plugs in to your factory harness so when its WARRANTY time you unplug it and take it in.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I think i need to read up a little more on the boondocker system see what kind of real benifets will come from it and if it's something i can justify. The pipes i would really like to do if they look good. I like to keep the sled looking clean

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a 1000 with pipes. Ask Catmando and Uturn about BOONDOCKERs they both have them

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its save to say for jaws depending on the model and application 700-1000 bucks is going to be what it will cost. If you do the pipes you will HAVE to install a boondocker as your engine requires more fuel to run with pipes. I would also suggest a set of v-force reeds. Keep in mind its all kind of a package thing one compliments the other so and so fourth

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I've been reading that an update to the clutches will help alot and the v-forse will also wake it up. Changes like that should only help reliabilty. i would think

Top Bottom