What have you needed to do to get off the hill?

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've see some interesting things that guys have needed to do to get off the hill. On Saturday, one of my rear axle bolts came out while getting into the Holy Grail/Big Blue. Was pulling up the avy chute just before the entrance. The rear axle came apart, lost all my wheels, spaces, all of it. We managed to find almost everything but the outer aluminum centering block and one axle bolt. We removed one of the rail stiffeners to rob the bolt and... well the picture explains the rest.

Anyone else have any pics of what they've needed to do throw it up here. Might give others ideas if they end up in a bind on the hill

IMG_2255.jpg

Last edited:

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My balls from my wife's purse!!! Going up was surprisingly easy......down was scary.....gravity is not my friend.

( Apologize for going off intended topic )

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh

Doo should have recalled all the 13 and 14, all models with t motion to have the new style axle bolt keeper installed

sent while drinking tea's

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride a snowbike waaaay back in the alpine thumbnail_mms_img-1434348939.jpg and it $hits the bed you need to bring your sled, tools, a skidder, alot of straps and a tonne of rope lol

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pics, but back in the 70's we had a buddy that carried spare pistons for his Cat. I think we were down to 18 minutes for a swap on the trail. :)

Sticks, logs, rope, vise grips, ratchet straps, misc "non essential" parts from other sleds.....we had to do it all back then. Those things were always broken.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A King Cat 900 broke an axle and we had no hope of dragging it out. No choppers even close. We tore the sled apart and took out the broken parts and went back 2 weekends later to put it back together. The only creature to visit it was a wolverine and he had to pee, all over the sled :alol2: .....it was rode out.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done that one once because of a broken drive shaft.

Yes it was on a Polaris. No it wasn't because the glue let go.

I got lucky. The drive shaft spun inside the drivers. No brakes but was close to the cabin at Quartz.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A King Cat 900 broke an axle and we had no hope of dragging it out. No choppers even close. We tore the sled apart and took out the broken parts and went back 2 weekends later to put it back together. The only creature to visit it was a wolverine and he had to pee, all over the sled :alol2: .....it was rode out.

dd59d7cef1432d631a6c00aab290585f.jpg

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day when you could do this it worked well

Todays sleds this does not work

You could sure go at the steep hills and where you had to turn around a tree or slope you could keep going

birdie

Attachments

• J2048x1536-10919.jpg
    J2048x1536-10919.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 392
Top Bottom