What does everyone do for a career?

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a licensed heavy duty mechanic. Just not happy unless I'm wrenching on something. If it's not at work it on the farm.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run my own Business as you could guess Scotford Oilfield, supply supervision and consultanting for all oilfield related construction, and surface aquasistions, presently work for a few different oil/gas companies, also a full time Dad, sledder,quadder,boater and anything else I can due besides work!!!

MooseMc

Reaction score
Hello to everyone i am a Welder of 12 years and a Landagent. As well as a owner of SummerSucks. ca and a dealer for V.P. racing fuel and a dealer for fire and ice vents as well and i also help mu brother with Super Grip as a dealer as well and a dad of 2 and a step dad to 2 as well but not really bust lol:beer::beer::beer::beer:

mat

Reaction score
Hey Ron

I'm a Drywall contractor/ paint and finish carpentry doing most of my work for a restoration contractor... Any work to send down my way??

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in a Geomatics office for the past 6 years doing everything from drafting wellsite and pipelines, to project management, to setting up all standards and doing all training.
I'm with a group of people now who just broke off and we are now doing development planning, which for the most part is surveying everything, (plant sites, roads, well sites, pipelines, and powerline corridors) using LiDAR. After we find the best route and locations, we pass off our data to the Geomatics office who create the plans.
So, bacisally I sit in the office looking at 3D rendering of the ground and trees, it's actually pretty cool.

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Own 3 different businesses..

designing and making tombstones (people are die'n for our business :eek: haha)
laser etching (glass,wood,stone)
local bar..
And still broke as a joke

Work way way too much.. and dont get to play near enough.. :mad:..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipeline & Utility locator for the Oilfield, or in other words a whore for money,
Yes we love money, can't get enough, work 250 to 300 + hrs per month, love the job, love the people, BEST job in the world bar none. pay very good very very good. the higher the oil and gas price the better, although starting to get burn't out, Been doing this since 78 long time, but in winter we get to sled every day, and summer Quad every day as well. Life is good, when you are a locating whore, Hey what the he!! lets go sledding, up for anything.

markiedog

Reaction score
I instruct at NAIT in the sheet metal department JUly and August are mine to do as I feel

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electrical Designer......................now anyways..........Worked in many rolls in the the electrical field...........from field commissioning to office design..............

............But sledding is much more fun!! :cool:

Cheers

Hylode

Reaction score
I am a Supervisior for Alstom Canada International, working in the maint of Steam Generators.Alstom Power: a global leader in the world of power generation

Alstom Power designs, manufactures, supplies and services state-of-the-art products and systems for the power generation sector and industrial markets. Alstom Power covers all energy sources and offers the most advanced solutions available for coal- and gas-fired plants. Alstom is also the leading provider of conventional islands for nuclear plants and paves the way in renewable energy solutions through its strong position in the hydropower market and its recent entry into the wind power market.

The group supplies, integrates and maintains all components necessary to deliver clean power solutions - from turbines and boilers to air quality control and energy recovery systems. We also have extensive experience in retrofitting, upgrading, refurbishing and modernising existing power plant equipment.

Alstom Power an unrivalled expertise in project management for a variety of power generation systems, from small to large, from single equipment to complete turnkey solutions. The group has supplied major equipment for 25% of the worldwide installed base.

mudlover

Reaction score
Website
www.quads.ca
I work for BIG EAGLE in Fort St. John B.C. as a pressure tester for the Drilling rigs mainly but do other pressure jobs for completions and facility. Pay is really good and for the most part all the rig crews are awesome to work with. Have been in the patch for the last 14 yrs.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
started my own company contracting (oil/gas production operator), working overseas right now, training locals what to do hands on training and classroom training,(and more importantly what NOT to do:rant:), and learning about my own patience, and swahilli. good shift 35on/35off, miss 1/2 the riding season:(, but have 1/2 of it to ride..:cool:

rubicon guy

Reaction score
Contract painter for 5 years 5 long years. I'm lookin to go to school in a year or so not sure what area maybe something automotive but no construction jobs for sure.:cool:

cueball115a

Reaction score
Saguenay region, mont Valin is my play ground now.
Just retired of the military after 28 years has a Avionic technicien on the CF -18 and other A/C. Spend 17 years in the Cold Lake area until I was transfer to Quebec where I did retired from the service. Now I'm a Field Engineen in the simulation of F-18 for L-3 Communication Link Training. I fix the simulator and flight it. It like playing with a $ 5,000,000.00 X-box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SVHHomrjuc

:beer::beer::nono::beer::beer:

Top Bottom