What does everyone do for a career?

summit7

Reaction score
I am a Master Technician for Ford dealership,specializing in the new diesel truck repair.Pay is good if you put out.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work in the service side of the oilfield its been good. It has taken me all over the world. I have enjoyed the travelling but now have settled down and now working in the office in nisku, this way I get to see the family alot more!!

Ditto for me.

Sled-Head-Jr.

Reaction score
They're opening a new underground mine in Logan lake ( near Kamloops B.,C) they're looking for a whole bunch of guys, i only know that they're paying 52 bucks an hour for heavy equipment operator's.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
They're opening a new underground mine in Logan lake ( near Kamloops B.,C) they're looking for a whole bunch of guys, i only know that they're paying 52 bucks an hour for heavy equipment operator's.

SOooooooo ...... That's why I can't get any men for the Mud Mill !!!!! They are all gone underground !!! :rant: :rant: :(

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
WOW... $52.00/HOUR.... I'M THINKIN OF HEADIN' THERE AND LET RJ RUN MY SHOP..... $650 TO $800.00 IN A 10HR DAY!!!! HMMMMMMMMM NICE!!!

My top dogs (Drillers) are getting $40.00 for the first 8 Hrs & $60.00 for the next 4 Hrs (12 Hr shift) !!! :)

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
self employed. plumbing heating and air conditioning. inddor air quality, gasfitting pretty much anything to do with residential mechanical systems. specialize in hvac and boiler systems. my name is adam and my number is 554-2018

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the Chief Administrative Officer for Woodlands County where we, along with the Town of Whitecourt, are known as the snowmobiling capital of Alberta.........
Translation: "I sit in my office 'till noon drinking coffee and surfing the net, then I go quadding in the summer or sledding in the winter"

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Firefighter in Edmonton for the past 12yrs and part-time entrepreneur. Trailers, Trucks, Cars, Sleds, Quads etc... I decided to do the business to offset my Toy Habit!

jetcheker

Reaction score
14 years military inspecting F18s, started my own aircraft inspection company based out of Red Deer. Quite a bit of short trips all over but always get home for some family/sledding. Or was that sledding/family,I always get that mixed up.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starving gigolo,................:D and a Wireline electrical mechanical engineer for the big flying W out of edmonton. (Fix logging tools and support equipment), and former Diamond driller Canada wide.( surface and underground)

Irishpub3

Reaction score
I am part owner and the business manager for a small R&D company... I helped start the company up almost 8 years ago... we do materials engineering and technology commercialization... exploring how microwave heating technology can be used for advanced materials applications - like fuel cells, semi-conductors, nano-ceramics, electro-ceramics, wear parts, and a whole long list that will bore ya :D

We basically do in-house R&D to develop and then license or sell our own intellectual property and inventions... and we also do research and development work for large companies and the government.

Some of the things we've worked on have been sport related - even snowmobing - so that adds a little fun in :D For example... microwaves can be used to improve the properties of some materials, so the materials used for the drive clutch, torsion, and suspension springs on our sleds are improved... we've also worked on making brake materials so they are stronger and tougher and last longer...

And, we accidentally blow stuff up every now and then - that part is fun :doh: :p LOL

I also do some photography work on the side... mostly action stuff and nature stuff... I love shooting snocross and motocross, and I worked for a while for NESRA (North East Snowmobile Racing Assn), a new snocross track here in the NY area... but I had to let the gig go, because it was interfering with my riding time LOL ...I find it really hard to sit and take pics, when I'd rather be sledding myself :drool:

EL Fuego

Reaction score
Electrician by trade but I am now into Project/Construction Management in the heavy industrial markets.

Top Bottom