What did you do for your ATV today?

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed a 2" highlifter kit on my Teryx 4, getting ready for Edson. Last week built a deck to carry it on the back of my truck and the week before installed muzzy exhaust system with ECU reflash . I've got more hours on my garage floor than my odometer, It's time to get out the garage and ride this thing!! :):)

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
obviously you got your quad out of the bush... what was the problem? never did hear the end result

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
obviously you got your quad out of the bush... what was the problem? never did hear the end result

Lol, yeah we got it out (Hadster's directions were awesome) with some difficulty since one of the transmission cooler lines in my truck $hit the bed. We ended up clamping off the lines to get us by, but I roasted my transmission by the time I made it back to Edmonton. It wasn't until we got back to Edmonton that we ralized we could have easily bypassed the cooler without clamping off the lines.

As for the quad, we busted a lead to the coil when we were screwing around with it and the spark plug boot was also toast. I had the quad over at Rapid Revolutions and it seemed to run fine for them, but when I got it home the exhaust wass so rich it burns your eyes. Now, I'm at a bit of a loss. ...gotta couple things to try, but I'm thinking it has something to do with the Power Commander.

It's a good thing we didn't ride back with the guys next day, because the diff on the other quad was on the verge of self distructing. I took it out the following weekend and it cratered after about 10km. If I would have had to recover 2 quads, I don't think my truck would have made it all the way back to Edmonton.

Last edited:

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow dude. like i said before, i have never seen a positive gain from a power commander. which is weird because there is alot of them out there. glad you made er out though. diff problems? what is that about?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow dude. like i said before, i have never seen a positive gain from a power commander. which is weird because there is alot of them out there. glad you made er out though. diff problems? what is that about?

...mostly stupidity. Remeber at Christmas time when we had trouble getting one quad off the trailer becuase the diff was full of water and frozen solid? I did a whole whack of flushes to that diff, but it was too little, too late.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
today i am putting a brand new motor in my griz, blew the reverse out of it. pulling too many side by sides out i guess. lol hopefully all back together by the weekend

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
today i am putting a brand new motor in my griz, blew the reverse out of it. pulling too many side by sides out i guess. lol hopefully all back together by the weekend

:yikes::yikes:Holy crap! ...kind feel stupid complaining about my piddly issues now.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this stuff happens... there isnt anyother way to look at it. its not like im nice to my machine all the time. and i was lucky, i still had high and low to get me out of the bush.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the ball joint for it....just gotta get a few nuts and bolts to clamp the front together so I don't have a repeat performance...:rolleyes: And gotta drive 2 hrs to install all of it...LOL

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the ball joint for it....just gotta get a few nuts and bolts to clamp the front together so I don't have a repeat performance...:rolleyes: And gotta drive 2 hrs to install all of it...LOL

Yeah, that was scary shhhtuff. ...was a good reminder for me to thoroughly check mine over once I got home.

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put over 80click on'er :) found some water, some mud, some skeg, and a lot of dust!!

Muddy Buggy Before ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341454296.288084.jpg

... Not-So-Muddy Buggy After

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341454376.606687.jpg

Top Bottom