what are good affordable ski's for a new rider

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was wondering what kinda ski's do you peeps recommend for a rider who will ride the tree's beginner hill climbs . I mostly ride the Coquihalla area I want to try Brohm ridge this year also I want to know what I am looking for before I buy new or used ski's . what do you use or what not to use .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was wondering what kinda ski's do you peeps recommend for a rider who will ride the tree's beginner hill climbs . I mostly ride the Coquihalla area I want to try Brohm ridge this year also I want to know what I am looking for before I buy new or used ski's . what do you use or what not to use .

For what it is worth, I just use stock skis and always have. Someone will chime in with all the goodies.......

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Well I did on my sled last year but this sled I got for the wife has wierd looking ski's on it that are soo ugly I want them gone lol . The look like a arrow head at the front the go thin the open up at the back like feathers on a arrow ..

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2010 or newer Factory Polaris ski's, I wouldn't buy any other. Even if I rode a different brand

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Simmons flex ski for 10years really liked them and now Im running the pilot ds 2's they work good,, Abit better for sidehilling than the Simmons IMO

Id like to try Slydogs I think they are called? look like they would work good.

Good luck.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are just starting out and yours don't need replacement due to wear or damage I would just leave the stockers. I hate Simmons Gen1's I pulled them off one sled and put stock M-series skis on. MODS and Polaris Grippers are both getting awesome reviews right now and the Poo skis are cheap compared to aftermarket.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys running those polaris skis on their cats and are liking them way better than the cat skis. Might do the same for next season if I can find a set cheap like. I hear nothing but good things about the polaris grippers

2010 or newer Factory Polaris ski's, I wouldn't buy any other. Even if I rode a different brand

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
will the polaris ski's bolt right onto the wifes kitty cat or do I need to buy different mounting hard wear . I was looking at the SLP powder pro ski's ? ANY GOOD

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the powder pro's on two of my sleds and really like them. I haven't tried any others to compare them to though.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only real complaint I've heard about the powder pro is the deep keel can make steering tougher.

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
well Bnorth I guess the wifey better get strong to turn the sled then or park it lol . I found stock Pro ski's on here for sale but dont know if I need differant mounting hard wear to put then on the kitty cat

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris Grippers also.
The Simmons flex IMO on the new rider forward sleds steer to hard .With adjusting lighter on the front end they didn't steer great then.
Ran them on older sleds and liked them.

Top Bottom