Well I gotta take "that drive" with my little bud today

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for you loss,I too had to just put my dog of 17 years down very tuff,being disable I spend alot of time with my dogs and they help me alot.Sorry again for your familys loss.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for you Dave. Besides burying my mother last March, the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my 43 yrs is say good-bye to my best friend in the world. My 13yr old Bull/Mastiff "Zeus". Still miss him sitting beside me on the road trips, however, do not miss LOSING the "who has worse gas" contests we had on those rides....hahahahahaha

Take care Dave

ZEUS day 1 010_edited.jpg

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for ya. They are family and is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do

uberjoober

Reaction score
our dog just passed. I thank the creator for giving me a perfect friend and even though how short 11 years to us its amazing how they make us better people. I o nly wish humans could be anything close to this. Condolences

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry Dave. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. It is so painful to make that choice, I've seen so many people let a dog live and suffer because they lacked the courage to make the call. It's so incredibly hard, but in the end, you know the choice you made was for the best. Hugging you and your wife with my mind right now. :)

Trish

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read this Dave. Hope things are getting better. Take care bro!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your buddy.
I had a similar experience 6-1/2 yrs ago. I'm ashamed to say I didnt have the stones to do it myself. Fortunately for me, xp mountainrider is a very good friend and he made the drive for me. We still have so many pictures of him around the house that my son when he was 3 asked if Rip was his brother.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Had to put down our old guy two months ago. We had him for 13 years - he was 15. He jumped out of the back of my wife's SUV like he had done a thousand times before - landed wrong and shattered his hip. My wife took him to the vets right away - and instead of letting him suffer had him put down. Me and the kids didn't get to say goodbye - which was likely a good thing.... He had been my wife's shadow for 13 years. I still catch her crying now and then about it.

My old tomcat got run over this fall too. He had been hanging around our place for the last 12 years, and the previous owners had seen him around for at least another 6.

He kept the dogs in line, killed every squirrel on the place and was always the first to run out when he heard the diesel come up the driveway. He was way more dog than cat! I grew up with working dogs (heelers, etc.) so I always considered dogs more of an "employee" than a pet and cats were just barn cats. Boy - I sure miss old OC though. Never failed to make me smile when I saw him trotting out of his shed when he heard my truck drive up

Last edited:
Top Bottom