Well I gotta take "that drive" with my little bud today

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog. Your in my thoughts. I know my day is coming soon with my dog, cant even imagine the pain.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bummer man...my dog is my best friend.... Can't imagine ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to hear Dave, loosing a dog is like loosing a kid some times.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Sad story Dave, Tough times ... We lost a Shih Tzu a number of years back, Then got another little guy... He is getting on up there in age now....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So very Sorry to hear Dave, but you gotta do what you gotta do. We are far better to our pets than we are to ourselves. I have a 16 year old terrier that shouldn't have made it this long and we are just waiting, so I can very much appreciate what you and your wife are going through. Hang in there it will get better just because you cared enough to end a pups suffering.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a tough job man!! Better to know that they are down though. We have had pets go missing and you think that you just saw them running around the corner for a long time!! Sorry for you!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chitty! So sorry for your loss. I never thought it would be such a difficult thing to do until I had to do it a couple of years ago to our 16 year old Terrier. And I wasn't even that close to the dog. I feel for ya. :beer:

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about what you are going through. Iwould have a very hard time dealing with that myself . My dog is one of the greastest people in my life it would be very hadr to see her go . be strong Dave.

tmlsnrg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to read about your loss! I have been there as well, it is one long hard ride to the vet when you know what the trip is about and your buddy is still loyal to you
to the end.
Happier times ahead.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Dave. We had to put down our golden lab last summer. Put her box of ashes in her doghouse in the garage and still say hi to her everyday when I walk by. Can't bury her yet. Pets are part of the family.....

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog. They truly are mans best friend... I've lost two dogs. One which I still don't know to this day what happened to him, he was my best bud. It's hard, but when you know he's done suffering, you know you did he right thing.

Sent from my white iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, that made me cry. Gawd that sucks. Funny how those stinky four legged critters take their muddy little paws and leave the prints forever on your heart isn't it??

My old faithful suddenly got a very aggressive cancer this fall. Much like your pup, the vet thinks surgery is an outside chance for cure- even if they got it all, and it hasn't spread, and he didn't die on the table, it might buy him 9 months. The tumor is large enough that healing would take near that long and at 11 years old it's just not worth it. So when the time comes, he will get the quick sweet destiny that we can't offer so many of our fellow humans.

For now tho, he doesn't seem to notice the 25-30cm tumor above his left hip, and continues to run away on a daily basis!! As long as he is well enough to continue his stubborn leaving, then I get to have him for just one more day... I don't know what our family, or our other dog who relies on 'old faithful' for all functions from breathing upward, will do when the time comes.

No more dogs- it's just too hard :(

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear dave,had to put my buddy of 15 years down this summer,im sure he had a great life.one of the hardest things my wife and i had to do,i totally get where your at,stay strong....

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude, I had to do the same thing earlier this fall. Not a good day

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your loss.Had to do the same with my oldest Ridgeback in April,hardest thing i ever had too do.I still drive with his ashes in my truck
and say night night to him every day.

Top Bottom