Welding on Ceramic Pipe

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am putting dual EGTs on my SLP y pipe. I did some reading about having to weld the bungs on and having problems with the ceramic coating. I read a trick about marking the hole and using a nickel to trace out the area and then use a flapper wheel to take off the ceramic coating. My question is anyone who has welded onto an already ceramic y pipe how is holding up? I dont have a welder but I am planning to take the pipe off and take it in to work and have our welder weld the bungs on for me. We only have stick and mig, mig should be ok if i remove the ceramic coating right? Also, how far away from the cylinders should the probes be?

Thanks

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grind off the ceramic coating. Probes should be 100mm from the piston skirt.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The egts I installed had a weld less kit. (From koso I believe) just drill then clamp

Hmm. Maybe mine will too. I just told the parts guy at echo cycle that I wanted a koso dual egt kit with fast acting probes and he had one in stock so im not sure what exactly comes in the kit lol. Ill find out hopefully tomorrow night when it comes on the bus.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to burn off the coating you'll want to tig the bungs on

Sent from my iPhone using

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be clamp on style. I think all their kits come that way but you can order the weld on bungs.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the clamp on style hold up ok?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom