Welcome Sledders

D

disappointed

"Welcome Sledders" were posted everywhere in town, come and enjoy our hospitality and have an enjoyable stay! Until something terrible goes wrong and you must plead for assistance from the Locals.

I am sure glad we stayed at the STONEHAVEN INN - you can find them on the web at www.stonehaveninn.com - huge private cabin - hot tub - fridge is always stocked - washrooms with showers in every room - we even got complementary wine! You can't ask for better hospitality!

BUT, we had trouble - we dropped a sled off the side about 200 ft down.

With many many thanks to the owner (Nadine) of Stonehaven Inn and her neighbor ED from the Mill we were treated with the utmost kindness and support - both went completely out of their way to give whatever assistance they could. We couldn't drag it up ourselves, even though we had all the equipment needed, we needed something a little stronger at the top to anchor our winch. We probably made over 30 calls to local businesses asking for assistance and not a single one was willing to give any help - they were sure interested in finding out all the details as to where the machine was - maybe thought they would wait till the tourists left to recover for themselves!! ALPINE RENTALS was the biggest joke - they could have rented us whatever we needed, however had no interest in helping whatsoever! Finally at last, a towing company PRECISE TOWING was willing to help - help my ass - he didn't lift a finger - we had to do all the work - however he though his time watching was worth $1598.00 !! What towing company charges $400.00 per hour - he told us the machine we used to mount our winch to cost him $200 at an auction and this was the first time it had left his yard!! WE COULDN'T GET OUT OF TOWN FAST ENOUGH - WHAT A JERK!

Thanks very much to the lady at the bank for her kind support while I stood in complete shock, shaking so bad I couldn't write my name as I withdrew the very last dollars from three different bank accounts to pay this *-hole, thank god he was willing to take $1000 because that is seriously all I had!

I must also make comment of the Person that thought she should give us the finger not once but twice as we sat on the side of the street - WHAT WERE WE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM - YOU COULDN'T FIND A CLOSER SPOT FOR YOURSELF? This is the kind people of Velemount??

I am not sure if we will be back any time soon - there is lots of great snow, we have been to Velemount three times now, however never had any troubles, never had to reach beyond our own little group for assistance. Maybe Precise Towing though we had lots of money - hey, nice truck, nice trailer, four nice sleds - must be loaded - charge them through the roof - their insurance will pay - they won't even blink an eye. Well, I tell you what buddy - The truck was a friends, the trailer was another friends - we both worked overtime for a month in order to have one weekend away - and the machines - they are babied because we can't afford new ones - if we had left our machine behind we would be out one sled because it wasn't even worth the tow bill out!

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT MOST OF YOUR BUSINESSES LIVE OFF THE VACATION MONEY OF THE TOURISTS - BEST THINK ABOUT TREATING THOSE VISITORS TO YOUR COMMUNITY WITH A LITTLE MORE RESPECT - OR THEY (WE) SIMPLY WON'T BE BACK.

Something to think about!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bad Trip!!!

Wow, Sorry To Hear About Your Bad Trip Experience. Guess It Could Happen To Anyone. I Guess Things Have Really Gone Downhill In Valemount Lately, And That's Too Bad. Especially For The Local Businesses Out There. Maybe Someone At The Valemount Chamber Of Commerce Needs To Check Out This Site And All The Complaints Lately About The Valemount Area!!! It Might Open Their Eyes, And Then Maybe They Could Become A Revvy, Or Golden, Or Mcbride(i Think Its Come To This)!!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a link to their Recreational developement website. Maybe shoot them an email and let them know what you went through.

Stevo

Reaction score
I wonder if everyone there is getting stars in their eyes thinking about the new ski resort. After all, when you've got rich skiers to fleece, you don't need the working man snowmobilers anymore.

I haven't had any bad experiences there, yet. (cross my fingers) I have had exceptional service from Ray at Bumper to Bumper, Bill and Connie at the Summit River Lodge, and from Sue at Cougar Mountain. Sue even made a special trip to the RCMP detachment one night to report us overdue. We were three hours late for supper, so she new there was something wrong! ;)

O-rock and I are heading down there tonight, staying at the Stone Haven.:)

D

disappointed

Thanks for the support guys - I am sure if it had happened earlier (there were NO sledders on the hill Sunday or Monday while we were trying to recover) there would have been lots of great guys to lend a helping hand - don't get me wrong - we never expected it to come free or even cheep - just didn't expect to be completely worked over as we were!!!!

I did email the entire story to VARDA - you know, if they would have helped in the first place and/or if they would actually look after their hills a little bit more the problem would have never escalated as it did.

You will have a nice stay at Stonehaven - nothing but good things to say about that place.

Top Bottom