Weekend Ride

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apex06 where are you guys going to stage from and are there good places to play besides the iron horse trail or the other trails in the area?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Chump Lake area is pretty cool. We spent a bit of time around there last year. Staged form Long Lake and then went and got lost in the forest.

Smokey has been OK. I didn't think the snow was that great and the play areas needed more for sure. Still it's better than around here. Spoke with my Dad the other night and he said they dragged the trail as it was a bit drifted over so should be good and smooth.

Seems like there is enough people interested that a good plan should be put in place. Where to, where stage, what time........

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking one of the two area, Chump Lake / Boyle or Smokey. I have only been to Lac la Biche once so not that sure where to ride up there. We will be heading out on Saturday morning if anyone has any suggestions on staging areas we are open

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chump Lake yesterday with Rocky Mountain Kamikaze. Thanks for the tip on the snow. We found some good areas to ride just off the beaten trails. About 40 cm of snow in the bush (Tested with a probe). I will try and get some pics on here if not I will put them in the photo gallery

Attachments

• Chump Lake Jan 08 pic 8.jpg
    Chump Lake Jan 08 pic 8.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Chump Lake Jan 08 pic 6.jpg
    Chump Lake Jan 08 pic 6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 124

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chump Lake yesterday with Rocky Mountain Kamikaze. Thanks for the tip on the snow. We found some good areas to ride just off the beaten trails. About 40 cm of snow in the bush (Tested with a probe). I will try and get some pics on here if not I will put them in the photo gallery

If you have nothing planned next weekend, we should get together and head out.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might not be able to make it for this weekend, i think we're putting in the vari flow finally, so lots of test and tune :D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should have bought the Attac,Install and forget about it.Variflow is a pain in the butt!
catmando!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well ive never had an problems with my vari flow...get up high just turn 2 clicks leaner...then down low i put it back to normal

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ive never had an problems with my vari flow...get up high just turn 2 clicks leaner...then down low i put it back to normal

Yeah...some people just don't like to be bothered with the "reach down, click, grab the bars again and go"....i dont see it as a big deal...and it's better if you blow an engine to say it's my fault than be pi$$ed off at an altitude compensator that after all that installation didn't do it's job right and is costing you a rebuild.

Top Bottom