Wednesday Night Rides

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fellas my dad is also coming so there will be no crazyness...on the hill anyway. he will have a 500 poo. we are going for a trail ride to the cabin and back. so tell your wives that its going to be the same thing except im a bit of a stickler when it comes to others safety. call it an intro to mountain trails. lol

Honestly, my wife will not let me go, and after what happened last year in the mtn's I don't blame her. I have 2 kids and a commitment that I made 15 years ago, to provide for my family.

On the other hand, I have many frustrations in my career, and need to relieve the frustrastions (stress), snowmobiling is the best way I have figured how to release the valve. Need to go for a ride soon! Not sure where that will be?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Its only a trail ride.... to be perfectly honest i feel more comfortable riding at the renshaw for the simple fact that there will likely be people to assist should something got wrong. it is a marked maintained trail with on some days 200 riders. The likely hood of getting lost on such a trip is impossible to say the least. you must beleive me when i say that we will NOT be climbing and we will NOT be drinking. And im going for the fun of riding with my dad and getting him out for a few laughs. In the end. its closer, safer, maintained, marked, and if you dont show up at the hotel at night people come looking for you. in my opinion its the safest way to snowmobile.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
the weekend of the 28th, i think dad and i are going to leave friday morning but we are in no big panic. if we get ther maybe go for a quick ride. then leave on the sunday

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the weekend of the 28th, i think dad and i are going to leave friday morning but we are in no big panic. if we get ther maybe go for a quick ride. then leave on the sunday

if you could swing by nashville on the way i would love to come!!!

Last edited:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, my wife will not let me go, and after what happened last year in the mtn's I don't blame her. I have 2 kids and a commitment that I made 15 years ago, to provide for my family.

On the other hand, I have many frustrations in my career, and need to relieve the frustrastions (stress), snowmobiling is the best way I have figured how to release the valve. Need to go for a ride soon! Not sure where that will be?

You have your head/heart in the right place, rusty is garunteeing its going to be a trail ride. My dad took us into the Kakwa mountains last year, even with all that stuff in BC going on, and we kept to the trail, climbed one little hill, that was that. If you go into mountains doesnt necessarily mean you are climbing hill to hill. I know even if you explained to your wife how safe it is, she would still say no.

Its only a trail ride.... to be perfectly honest i feel more comfortable riding at the renshaw for the simple fact that there will likely be people to assist should something got wrong. it is a marked maintained trail with on some days 200 riders. The likely hood of getting lost on such a trip is impossible to say the least. you must beleive me when i say that we will NOT be climbing and we will NOT be drinking. And im going for the fun of riding with my dad and getting him out for a few laughs. In the end. its closer, safer, maintained, marked, and if you dont show up at the hotel at night people come looking for you. in my opinion its the safest way to snowmobile.

This is very intriguing, how long is the drive from Jasper to Mcbride?

Im going to gp next Tuesday night, writing exam wednesday, brothers birthday thursday, Going snowboarding at Jasper till 3:30 Friday. I could drive to jasper with my own truck, head to mcbride after, stay the night, ride the next day(Saturday, hopefully with you guys), stay a night go for a rip Sunday or just head back to Red Deer. I know that sounds crazy, with gas+hotel, but I dont know if I can handle not riding much longer, especially after investing the money I have into my sled/gear.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Well im not going to guarentee anything but in my opinion its the way to go. however ryser has the most valid point of them all. we all sled for different reasons and if that reason is to blow off some steam and more importantly stay very alive he is right. your welcome on the trip anytime to anyone. but if i was going to try and make a trip to the hills this is the one that i would recommend. that being said getting set up for such a trip can be difficult. peips ,probe, beacons and such can be tough to borrow. and hey if its out of your comfort level thats a good thing to know. lots of guys get in alot of trouble when they dont know that line. We are going to go eat some sausage tell the same stories and have a good time. its 30 km from the truck to the cabin so we are gaurenteed 60 km. thats plenty considering there is none here..imho

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You have your head/heart in the right place, rusty is garunteeing its going to be a trail ride. My dad took us into the Kakwa mountains last year, even with all that stuff in BC going on, and we kept to the trail, climbed one little hill, that was that. If you go into mountains doesnt necessarily mean you are climbing hill to hill. I know even if you explained to your wife how safe it is, she would still say no.

This is very intriguing, how long is the drive from Jasper to Mcbride?

Im going to gp next Tuesday night, writing exam wednesday, brothers birthday thursday, Going snowboarding at Jasper till 3:30 Friday. I could drive to jasper with my own truck, head to mcbride after, stay the night, ride the next day(Saturday, hopefully with you guys), stay a night go for a rip Sunday or just head back to Red Deer. I know that sounds crazy, with gas+hotel, but I dont know if I can handle not riding much longer, especially after investing the money I have into my sled/gear.

Do you have all the gear/training. Also we will be on our schedule....which ,means no climbing no general jackassery, this is intented to be a fun ride and just to get out. we will be in no hurry and we will go at the rate that we want. you are going to need some patience here

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have all the gear/training. Also we will be on our schedule....which ,means no climbing no general jackassery, this is intented to be a fun ride and just to get out. we will be in no hurry and we will go at the rate that we want. you are going to need some patience here

I have spot, gps, pieps, probe, shovel, abs pack, 1st aid kit and im attending an AST 1 Course this Sunday in Calgary. Im glad that you have stated it plain and simple black and white. I don't want to come across as a saint, but I've never nor will do drugs, i dont drink(i still go out tho, and enjoy myself), I eat healthy, never rush anybody, and im currently attending Red Deer College to become a realtor. They invited me to come up to goose tower last year, and I met up with them at the Edm sled show. Ryeser, Tko, Smurf, Philster, Zrrr, can all vouch for me, never had the opportunity:d to ride with posnick yet, but Im sure I will :cool:

Sounds like a job application, but I can understand why you wouldnt want to bring someone thats going to be an idiot, put himself and you guys in danger, all around ruin the trip for you and your crew/dad.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
well then by all means come along.. and hey sorry about the job interveiw but this is my dads first trip and we dont need anybody whos not extra patient and so on. excellent we would love to see you there. and as for the night time. well.....i may have a few......too many...lol
its just on the hill i try to extend a pretty professional attitude because as the stats show bad things do happen to good people. and keeping your eyes open and on task is a very important thing. so you can understand when i stress the fact that hillbillies need not apply.
we are planning on staying at the holiday inn. it has the best breakfast and its clean.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
wake up boys there is snow on the ground. yellow head is going to take a pounding today. swap meet or ride ??? ride.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 53

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep better get out there before the trees are totally frozen,that way they still have a little bit of give in them.lol

Top Bottom