Warn Winch worth it?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was curious if a warn winch is worth the money or using one from Canadian Tire,Princess Auto?
I have a warn but have seen alot of different ones out there and was curious if the others stand up to a warn.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was curious if a warn winch is worth the money or using one from Canadian Tire,Princess Auto?
I have a warn but have seen alot of different ones out there and was curious if the others stand up to a warn.

haven't tried anything else , warn always works when you need it , I get decend pricing on them , let me know what your looking at I will get you a price if you want

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends on the winch the canadian tire ones are kinda cheap, but mile marker and gorrila make good winches from what Iv seen and read on them I got a warn right now but think ill be going with a diffrent name brand winch next time not too impressed with my warn.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had no issues with my Warn XT 4000 on my teryx`s, unlike my buddies with their warn knock offs on their polaris`s and Can-am`s. Have not and will not ever run anything else because for sure it will not work when you need it the most.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a Warn 3500LB winch and its the best i have ever had, i have never stalled it pulling out my quad. i've had a couple other brands and i cant compare, warn wins all the time!!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont get a 2500 imo.

well I can say the 2500 warn that come with my Grizzly is a total piece of junk.

I had to rebuild it like 10x now from seizure. the sun gears seize all the time eventually i packed it so full of grease that it doesn't seize anymore but its to the point where its hard to even string the line..

But id rather have that then it seize on me in the bush for an 11th time.

got my Father a Viper 2500 for xmas about 3 years ago and it was cheap but it has not seized or anything yet and we have not taken it apart.

maybe the newer warns are better. next winch i buy is going to have real sealed bearings in it on between the spool and the gears. and not just plastic sliders that are supposed to seal it which obviously doesn't work.

Just make sure it has real sealed bearings imho.

Oh and get the rope not the cable for it wont stick in your hand and it wont gouge out your sliders ect.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive used a champion for my rear winch .... just fill up the switch housing with lithiunm grease..... the front winch i wouldn't go with anything but warn....

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warn all the way, I've tried the knockoffs and they all suck for even moderate use. When I'm in the bush I want dependability, the sting of a higher price lasts nowhere near as long as the sting of a failed winch and a ruined trip.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a warn on a '95 sportsman and it just keeps on working!! I've had to take it apart and clean it up a couple of times, but i think it is well worth the money. I've also had a canadian tire winch and what a P.O.S.!!!! Don't waste your money on those!!! They say "2500 lb" but i don't think they can ever do half of that! False advertising IMO!!

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a warn on my last couple of bikes but imo they are over priced. Have heard alot of good things about the viper winches and think i might try one next time

Top Bottom