Want better ride / handling / weight transfer?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've posted this in a bunch of threads, but perhaps I should start one. I ride an M1000 that had crappy rear suspension - rough on trails, poor weight transfer, the rear shock would sack out and take a "set" when riding. Same issue with my wife's M8. I purchased a Holz rear skid for her M8, and although it improved the ride tremendously, there was room for improvement. So, long story short - I had my rear skid revalved with the Chris Burandt / Fox Backcountry upgrade and am thrilled with the results. The sled transfers weight better, rides better then my REV on the trails, AND....outperforms the $2500 Holz skid. The revalve cost me under $400 with tax, Nexxtech had the shocks done in a couple days, and it simply WORKS. As a side note, I also had the holz skid revalved to the same specs (again by Nexxtech), and it works 100% better, and no sag or "set" in the rear skid. I would recommend this modification to anyone with an 2008 to current M-sled, whether it be a 141", 153", or 162". (FYI - mine is a 162, hers is a 153 that has been stretched to a 156"). Save your money and revalve rather then replace - unless you need to look at different parts to justify spending money...

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Do these guys have a website or do you have there ph# I am interested in talking to them about this, was it $400.00 for both shocks in the skid or just the one?

mountianman

Reaction score
:) I to was not happy with the ride of my 2010 M8 even though it was better than my 08 M1000. Did the same thing plus added the air canisters up front, best rude I have ever had bar none and all for under $650.00. I took my back shocks to them and they revalved them in a couple hours and gave me the parts to redo the fronts.I always thought skidoo had the best ride but no more. Wonder why cat could not do this from the get go. very simply fix and you will be impressed.:beer:

Turbofreak

Reaction score
:) I to was not happy with the ride of my 2010 M8 even though it was better than my 08 M1000. Did the same thing plus added the air canisters up front, best rude I have ever had bar none and all for under $650.00. I took my back shocks to them and they revalved them in a couple hours and gave me the parts to redo the fronts.I always thought skidoo had the best ride but no more. Wonder why cat could not do this from the get go. very simply fix and you will be impressed.:beer:

You guys are getting this done @ Nexxtech in B.C?...Canisters up front huh, performs way better?...you actually get rebound now without jacking the psi in the fronts?

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been looking into this a bit. As I understand Nextech is in Sherwood park (edmonton)

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to get this done , I just talked to Curt in Sherwood Park and its a two hour job. It is both shocks.$360.00 Here is another link with some more info.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something I am going to have done for sure better the beginning of the season!...not liking the sage that tends to pop up once and awhile.....and better ride and weight transfer...sounds good to me.:d Thanks Oldfart:d

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any quick fixes for the 2005 M7?? Has fox zero pros alround

It would probably be worthwhile to get your shocks rebuilt and revalved simply due to age, along with HRP's front arm relocation. Give nexxtech a call...

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run chris brannt valving done in my timbersled skid dam near perfection if i say so my self.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run chris brannt valving done in my timbersled skid dam near perfection if i say so my self.

Dez,

I just purchased another M7 with a Timbersled rear suspension 174" with Ice Age rails and Fox Floats. Did you get the Floats revalved or are you running different shocks?

Top Bottom