91.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 73341_169798733030609_100000014504036_582072_8134569_n.jpg
    73341_169798733030609_100000014504036_582072_8134569_n.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad that some of you really enjoy the vintage sleds. The Relic Riders members are trying to save them from the dumpster, one rusty neglected beast at a time. The first vintage ride is on the sched for the first Sunday in January. Cheers!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so...who or what sled won the peoples choice? Could have been a number of them....some nice old iron

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all that stopped by our booth! We had a new record for # of votes for the coveted People's Choice award! Drum roll please!!!
First place went to Lawrence O. and his beautifully restored 71 Puma!
IMG_0885.jpg

Second went to Jerry K. and his rare, restored 70 Polaris Playmate TX Special.
IMG_0893-1.jpg

Third was awarded to Gary Miller and his all original Manta twin track!
IMG_0888.jpg

We will be out in full force at the show in Calgary, Nov 12th and 13th. Please take the time to enjoy our sleds and vote for your favorite. Ask one of the members and there are some great stories to go with some of the history of these old machines. Relic Riders, saving them from the dumpster on rusty peice at a time! Cheers.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
please be sure to post a event for the relic ride.. i have a fleet myself and i would love to come out for the day

giver85

Reaction score
Tough to pick a favorite, I had to vote for the Srx being a yamaha fan.

Will there be the same sleds in Calgary or another bunch?

Does the club have a web site? Would love to come out for the vintage ride.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is always a tough pic for People's Choice. One never knows! It has to be cool or odd, or what people had growing up!

Some of the same sleds will be in Calgary, but I'm sure that we will be changing some of them up as well. We always try to have different sleds each year.

The club has a new website that is just underway and there is still lots of the side bars to be populated. The site is www.relicrider.com As I said, it is still under construction.

There usually is about 3-5 vintage rides each year. The first one is usually the first Sunday in January at the Just for Fun Clubhouse just south of Camrose. Hope for some snow!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My Grandma's old machine is owned by one of the members of that group. It's an old 70's Johnston, Brian something bought it, he has one of every outboard motor manufacturers!

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys in the club are always looking for more iron to save. Let us know and we can pass it on to the members if you have unwanted vintage iron.

Cheers!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 82 or 83 Blizzard 5500 mx, if you guys want it you can have it. Its not much but its all there. Never tried to start but it does turn over.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My back still aches looking at the oldies but without them we would all be snowshoeing in the back country. Right on guys glad to see the passion
and the attention to detail. My old JD340 would be proud

WopOnTour

Reaction score

HOLY RESURRECTION BATMAN!

I really like the NWSA number tag, that sure the heck brings back fond memories!
Hey Dale

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but...
I hope there was a few NWSA sleds at THIS years Edmonton Snow Show
(I couldnt attend myself as I was out East)
Anyways, if you had an NWSA number or know people that did , we have started an NWSA Facebook page with a sled/bib number registry
We are also looking for names of past executive members and the dates they served the association
There's even talk of an NWSA reunion next fall (currently gauging interest)
Anyways if you can help...
Thanks
WOT

PS> That NWSA number 141 belonged to G.Fehr (Gary?) and the #429 was Dwayne Grant

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great, I'll dig out the old numbers from the race sleds and post them up, I'll have a chat with my folks they knew a fair number of the NWSA members / executives.

If there is a reunion I know our family would be very interested

HOLY RESURRECTION BATMAN!

Hey Dale

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but...
I hope there was a few NWSA sleds at THIS years Edmonton Snow Show
(I couldnt attend myself as I was out East)
Anyways, if you had an NWSA number or know people that did , we have started an NWSA Facebook page with a sled/bib number registry
We are also looking for names of past executive members and the dates they served the association
There's even talk of an NWSA reunion next fall (currently gauging interest)
Anyways if you can help...
Thanks
WOT

PS> That NWSA number 141 belonged to G.Fehr (Gary?) and the #429 was Dwayne Grant

Top Bottom