Vintage sled drag racing

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a rip across the yard when i got it home. Didn't open it right up but seems to run decent. Gonna send the seat off to get recovered this fall and might get the hood repainted.
20231011_184926.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which drags are you thinking of attending? I have a buddy with a pretty quick wedge that might come out.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it for a rip across the field now that we got some snow. Runs really good. A little slow off the start though so thinking it might need some clutch work. Might swap to the comet clutch so that I can easily get springs and weights

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it for a rip across the field now that we got some snow. Runs really good. A little slow off the start though so thinking it might need some clutch work. Might swap to the comet clutch so that I can easily get springs and weights
Check the rule book before you buy a new comet. That may be viewed in the rules as a modification and could DQ you in stock or force you to race in a mod class.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll double check but think the comet is allowed in most stock classes. I think due to there not really being clutch parts available for the oddball sleds

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://studboytraction.com/product/assassins-drag-stud/ I think these are the studs I'll run unless somebody has a better recommendation. Look ideal for getting up and going in a hurry haha
I used to use Woodys. They are super proactive in snowmobile racing. Actual met the owners kid at Eagle River last winter at the Worlds. He was in our suite and was tossing hats around to everyone in there. Seemed nice. His girlfriend was Tier 1!! Lucky guy. Stud Boy is a
Good brand. You won’t go wrong with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom