Vegas musts

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've noticed there has been quite a little chatter on here about going to vegas and what to do there. However they are spread through a bunch of different threads. I think it'd be nice to have all that in one place. So let's hear what you did or want to do in Vegas as well as what you liked or disliked about it.

I'm going back to Vegas for the 3rd straight year in Feb and I am ready to try stuff or take tours. I'm tired of just walking around and taking in the view.

Also mods, don't know if it'd be possible but I think this would make a great sticky.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machine Gun Vegas (cool guns and babes lol), Fast Lap indoor go carts. Maggiano's Little Italy (really good food), and there is always something going on at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day trip to Grand Canyon and the glass walkway
Day trip to Hoover Dam
Day trip to Lake Mead
Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the automotive attractions near their complex, Shelby Museum, Sand Buggies, Quads ...................
Trip to Ricks Restorations to check out Kelly. Better in real life
Freemont Street at night is a must do
Gold and Silver Pawn just so you can see how rickety the place really is

Those are just a few off strip attractions we did last trip, lots of fun. Rent a car and take some time away from the strip during the daylight, makes the strip more fun at night!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day trip to Grand Canyon and the glass walkway
Day trip to Hoover Dam
Day trip to Lake Mead
Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the automotive attractions near their complex, Shelby Museum, Sand Buggies, Quads ...................
Trip to Ricks Restorations to check out Kelly. Better in real life
Freemont Street at night is a must do
Gold and Silver Pawn just so you can see how rickety the place really is

Those are just a few off strip attractions we did last trip, lots of fun. Rent a car and take some time away from the strip during the daylight, makes the strip more fun at night!

All of the above are great. Pawn stars is a dumpy place. Lol. Ricks is cool, kustom cars is neat to see. Walking the strip to just see the different people and attractions.

This trip. NASCAR race again, heli tour of canyon, win millions on roulette. And cold beer

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I love the Richard Petty Driving Experience Zeebers. A huge must if you love Nascar and racing of any kind.

aaron_m

Reaction score
Love my good eats.
Last trip Did Hash house a go go. Tried the Man v Food entre that was on the show. Failed miserably!!

Also on last trip down, did a little get off the main drag and explore.
Took a drive on a sketchy side of vegas, to check out Naked City Pizza. Saw it on Drivers, dine-ins and Dives.
SKETCHY area to say the least, but whatever.
Pizza and wings and the spicy fries were CRAZY good.

Have a blast

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steak house in Circus Circus is a MUST!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Mob Museum was interesting also

Machomachoman

Reaction score
A Cirque de Solie show. If you can't get a ticket, a doing a line off a hookahs back is pretty good too,,,,,

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the Sky Jump off the Stratosphere.....a total rush, worth every penny

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My favourite cirque desolie show is at MGM grand its calle Ka, just go to the to let seller on strip for selling las minute tickets. You can always find some cheap ones. The stratosphere is cool to go on rollercoaster a up top. If you haven't been to the old strip that's also neat. Guys from work rented cars as a group and got to go drive around in desert, bag the crap out of the cars.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favourite cirque desolie show is at MGM grand its calle Ka, just go to the to let seller on strip for selling las minute tickets. You can always find some cheap ones. The stratosphere is cool to go on rollercoaster a up top. If you haven't been to the old strip that's also neat. Guys from work rented cars as a group and got to go drive around in desert, bag the crap out of the cars.
Granted I havent seen many shows in Vegas but we got to see Ka last year. It was a very good show indeed. There is a lot of talent there. Also the first year we went we went to David Cooperfiled, also at the MGM Grand.

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
We did. Exotics racing, Hoover damn tour, machine gun Vegas, Fremont experience. All pretty fun. My favourite by far was a dirt bike tour out in the desert with Trac-On. Darryl was awesome.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Rented a car, the only way to go, toured out to the damn and the lake. Drove out to red rock canyon and all over the city. Put on 300miles in the car only cost $8 in gas. Freemont is cool, recommend rock of ages and gondola rides at the pallazzo and vinetion

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machine Gun Vegas (cool guns and babes lol), Fast Lap indoor go carts. Maggiano's Little Italy (really good food), and there is always something going on at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
X2 for Fast Lap kart racing, the signs say "no bumping" but I smashed a lot of guys out of the way and never once got black flagged or even spoken to about it. I t-boned some guy that spun in front of me all by himself, I was going WFO and bent his kart up....they gave him the gears for not knowing how to drive. if you want to leisurely cruise around in a kart, this is not the place to go. she's balls out racing there and a helluva lot of fun. every kart has a transponder, their computer tracks and records lap times and race position, they print out a sheet at the end of the races with your lap times and finishing spot.

Pole Position is a way nicer place, but if you deliberately bump someone they govern your kart remotely....do it again and they shut it off and boot you off the track. they are really cool electric karts that haul azz but they don't put up with any BS there.

Did the machine gun thing at The Gun Store, the staff was awesome and treated us great. Highly recommend

Hoover Dam is also a must see, did the full tour expecting a lot more but the extra half hour just takes you down a few tunnels inside the dam. some might not think it's worth the extra $15, but I found it interesting. drove to the lookout with the gift store up the hill on the other side of the dam, I was told a lot of people don't drive across and miss out on the view from that spot. well worth it

We also did the Marc Savard show at Planet Hollywood, he grew up here in Grimshaw. he's been doing hypnotism since high school and been living and performing in Vegas for 10 years now. his show is hilarious, it does get pretty blue at the end but he warns everyone that it's coming.

Last edited:

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the Shelby museum, walking the old strip, and walking the Hoover dam, even took a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon, that was really cool.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been there quite a few times and done very few of the things mentioned LOL... A perfect day for us would be a day in the pool at EBC/Marquee/Wet republic, Check out dinner/show at Rose.Rabbit.Lie or Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan then hit up XS nightclub in the Encore/LIGHTS in Mandalay Bay/Marquee in The Cosmopolitan around 12:30 and wait for the sun to come up! The High Roller is open now as well at THE LINQ, My GF did the Sky Jump and loved it as well.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bacchanal buffet at Ceasers was pretty good, I think but my judgement may have been off.

Cirque du soleil is worth seeing for sure.

Top Bottom